Zachary Shahan "Model 3 is devastatingly better than Camry & Accord"

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Mar 2, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Cleantechnica Editor noted the Model 3 is devastatingly better than Camry or Accord and is hitting the same price points and will savage them in California as it is already apparently doing. He called the Model 3 roughly 3x better than either of those vehicles.

And lets be clear the power train in a Model 3 is much more reliable than either a Camry or an Accord. Lets also be clear until Model 3 the Camry and Accord were about best car one could buy at any price (sans Model S and Model X.) And while the quality seems to be failing on all ICE makes these two were and still are exceptionally good.

It just the best car you can buy in the main stream now is a no compromise electric vehicle, the Model 3 made by the most American of the car makers in to a large degree on the West Coast of the US.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jimmy Truong

Jimmy Truong Member

In my opinion, Model 3 is even better than BMW 3ers and Mercedes C-Class.in term of the performance and value! I owned 5 BMW in the last 14 years!

JT

101101 likes this.
  4. I agree, but the Model 3 needs some sort of rain gutters. Opening the window in the rain, while reaching for your nurishment should not get you dranched!

101101 likes this.
  5. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Rain gutters on an accord I had included a rubber liner which eventually dried out and came free. Wondered it it was a matter creasing the paint at too much of an angle and then having to line it with rubber to cover either imperfections or the paint coming up.

But in the case of the Tesla it would much harder they'd have to bevel that fancy glass no? Same complaint with someone opening the trunk claiming the Model 3 trunk hatch spilled water on the trunk floor.

6. Funny. I was thinking that someone with the right tools could design and make some sort of shallow "rubber" water guides, which could be glued to the glass. It may not be to everyone's liking but it would work. I am sure that with today's technology and modern materials something could be worked out. Maybe I should patent the idea???

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Yeah, perhaps Tesla has taken the "Nothing must be allowed to create aero drag" ideal too far. Maybe they need to put a bit more emphasis on practical concerns, and a bit less on energy efficiency.

But I can certainly understand why Tesla is very reluctant to do anything which would reduce the range of its cars.

9. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Not to discourage your inventiveness, but perhaps it would be best if you'd talk to an aftermarket detailing shop to see if a product is already available to do that, before you spend a lot of time and effort reinventing the wheel, and before you make plans to pay a patent lawyer/ service to find out if such a patent already exists.

10. Yes, Form (in this case air drag) before Function. Tesla could drop the glass roof to drop the price of the enrty level car even further. I would buy it!

11. I was actually hoping an after market business would pick it up. Just joking about patenting it.

12. To remove this ad click here.