Oregon EV rebate

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Alex0913, Jan 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

Oregon has a $2,500 rebate and I was wondering if any of you has heard back from them about phase 2.

I submitted the phase 1 application in July and was told a new email would come with instructions for the phase 2 but so far nothing, any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Here is the link for the rebate in case this is news to you:
    https://www.oregon.gov/deq/aq/programs/pages/zev-rebate.aspx

Remarksman likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. John Gardner

John Gardner New Member

I submitted phase 1 on May 18th and haven't received the phase 2 application yet.

John

4. terrilynn

terrilynn New Member

We submitted phase 1 mid July and received an Email Dec. 12 saying phase 2 packets would be sent out in January. Still waiting.

Jim

5. Chuck

Chuck Member

We bought in February and send in the phase 1 application, have not gotten any 'packet' for Phase 2. I was getting worried so I just sent a question to them about where they are. I only know that they are starting in order with folks that bought in January

6. Tomrl

Tomrl Member

Thanks for providing this info. I was under the impression that was a tax reduction, but it appears it's a straight rebate which would be great. I bought mine this year so I'll have to get my paperwork in!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

So I wrote the 'cleancars' address on the general application. I submitted phase1 electroncally in October 2018. Anyway, the state rep wrote me back confirming they'd received my application. Even though phase 2 will be emailed out, they are processing them in order received (apparently manually). I was worried because somewhere in the literature mentions you should apply within 6 months of purchase. i.e. had they not got my phase 1.

Anyway, maybe this helps someone. To me, it's crazy not to just post the Phase 2 application materials online (even if PDFs to be filled and mailed in). i.e. that way folks could just download at will. I presume someone has to carefully read the phase 2 before issuing payment anyway. i.e. not sure what harm having the application generally available could do.

-Dan

9. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

I think you have 6 months after the date of purchase to submit the phase 1 application. However, they are now receiving the full application from those who didn’t submit the phase 1 online, but those who did submit the phase 1 online need to wait for the phase 2 to be emailed to them, please someone correct me if I am wrong. Kind of odd the way the are handling it if I am reading it right.

10. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

As an update, Oregon already started issuing rebates depending on when you submitted the phase 1 application. I got an email asking me to mail the phase 2 last week, which I mailed right away, and they already approved it. They will be mailing me my check shortly according to them. Things are moving super fast!

Ceetee likes this.
  11. Chuck

Chuck Member

Yep, did not take long at all once we sent in the paperwork. Less than a week to get the check. Purchased end of Feb, 2018

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

Also of note, dealers can now offer the rebate as "Cash on the Hood" - you assign the rebate to them and you get to use it as a cah payment towards your purchase/lease.
    When and how you can expect to receive your Phase 2 Application

You can expect to receive your Phase 2 Application based on the calendar order in which you submitted your Phase 1 Application. We will be batching Phase 1 applicants by month for purposes of delivering Phase 2 Applications. Applicants who submitted their Phase 1 Application in January 2018 were the first batch of applicants to receive their Phase 2 Application. We will deliver your Phase 2 Application by email. The current batching schedule is as follows:

submitted your Phase 1 Phase 2 Application on:
    January 1 – January 31 December 13, 2018
    February 1 – May 31 January 29, 2019
    June 1 – August 31 February 28, 2019
    September 1 – October 31 March 28, 2019
    November 1 – December 11 April 29, 2019

This schedule may be adjusted as needed. Additionally, our website will carry the most current Phase 2 Application for batched, Phase 1 applicants. Please note that we cannot accept e-mailed copies of any Phase 2 Applications or application materials at this time.

14. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

They also offer a charge ahead rebate for $2,500 but only for full EVs and for folks need who meet certain income requirements. They also specify that plug-in hybrids are not eligible, so for Teslas, leafs and other evs it’s $5000, pretty sweet.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  15. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

The Charge Ahead is also available on used EV's.

Up to 120% of median household income in the area that you live. Family of 4 in the Portland area equates to ~$98K Gross Income.

Thaey are not issuing Charge Ahead rebates yet, but if you use the standard Phase 1 application it will hold your place in line when they do start processing them.

16. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

My friend who purchased about a month after me, and took his time, ended up filling out the full rebate form (post-phase1/2) and mailing it in. He already received notice his rebate has been approved.

I'm phase 1, still waiting for opportunity to fill out phase 2. Anyway, it will all happen eventually...

17. John Gardner

John Gardner New Member

A little off topic but oh well. Leased my electric Clarity in May and received the phase 2 application in February. received my rebate 2 weeks ago. It was fast service but the off topic part is I dropped my application off at the DEQ in the Lloyd district.

They are on the sixth floor. I've been riding elevators since they had operators who manually opened and closed the doors with a large lever. I'm easily amused so bear with me. There are six elevators to choose from, 3 on each side and no up or down button on the wall. There is a keypad with a screen. So I punch in 6 without thinking much about it and the screen flashes F. Hmm. I had noticed each of the elevators were labeled A-F so figured, ah ha, it must want me to get on elevator F. Wait a few seconds and the doors to F open so I get on. No buttons on the inside other than to open and close the doors. Doors close and I'm whisked to floor 6 that was announced by a very sad Eeyore voice, flooorr siiixx.

Like I said, I'm easily amused but wonder what they will do next to update the elevating experience...

John

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019