Clarity PHEV parts for sale

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Ray B, Feb 21, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

Interesting discovery on eBay from a wrecked Clarity (rear-ended). Not sure I would trust the EV battery that was in that severe of an accident.

[​IMG]

https://www.ebay.com/str/saccityautoparts/Honda/_i.html?_storecat=28881039012

Interesting selection of parts...
    $3750 for the EV battery
    $280 for a key fob
    $350 for a wheel
    $150 for the front logo
    $3000 for the engine
    $2150 for the charger
    $2100 for the power inverter (PCU?)
    $2250 for the 'transmission' which I think is the clutch + motor + generator
    $425 for the display screen

Alex0913 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Johnhaydev

Johnhaydev Active Member

ouch that hurt!

4. My immediate reaction was those prices seem on the high side.

5. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Those prices are ridiculous. Junk yard alloys are about $100 or so. Regular Honda engine around $1200. Just these parts add up to nearly $16,000. Junk yard probably bought this car (formerly known as a Clarity) from insurance company for about $4000?

6. lanb

lanb Active Member

Can the used key fob's be reprogrammed ??
    If yes, wouldn't the reprogramming cost additional $$s and would have to be done by Honda ?

Omgswify likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Omgswify

Omgswify Member

Everything looks like a ripoff except the battery. If it’s in good condition then 3750 is a bargain for anyone afraid of eventual degradation/battery issues.

9. Timothy Fay

Timothy Fay New Member

this seems like a guy who got his car totaled took the insurance money and I wants to recoup the cost of another new one at no extra cost

Sent from my SM-G950U using Inside EVs mobile app

10. If the parts are reasonably priced, and you have a LOT of time on your hands, parting out vehicles can be quite profitable.

Back in 2000 I bought a wrecked BMW K1200RS for $2,700 plus tax.

[​IMG]

By the time I was done selling off parts, I had pocketed around $6,000, plus had a spare set of wheels and misc spare parts left over for my 1999 K1200RS.

As an aside, that photo from 2000 reminds me of how far digital cameras have come in the last 19 (!) years. It was taken with a Sony Mavica that stored something like 20 photos on a 3.5” floppy!