Taking Pre-Orders in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MCSqrd, Jul 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Where's the Ontario love, Hyundai? BC's nice and all but enough's enough. And if it takes three weeks to drive from Vancouver to Vernon how long does it take them to get to Ontario? Sheesh!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

We are still waiting too and we are in BC. For us I think the slow down is so few EV technicians at the dealers to set them up, and so few charge stations to charge them. So they are bringing in a few at a time. Just my guess.

Wayne Warde and Brennan Raposo like this.
  4. I'll set the damn thing up! Bring it. Actually it's been minus 25 or 30 the last few days so it's a rotten time for delivery. "Here's your new $60k car. It's operating as badly as it ever will and looks disgusting covered in slush and salt. Enjoy!" Thanks again, Hyundai.

5. I guarantee you that I've read the owners manual more in depth than the techs at my dealership ever will. I'm really looking forward to the salestaff's faces when I ask them to demo the systems and give me a tutorial!

6. CJC

CJC Well-Known Member

I will call on you for any technical questions as I am just browsing through it and probably not retaining as much as I should. lol

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. zoominbc

zoominbc Active Member

I think you are right though my dealership got 18 of them and 2 of them were cancelled orders so they are just sitting there waiting for a buyer. The sales team scheduled one and a half hours between pick ups and most of the cars I saw had been prepped and were ready to go. The dealership had 2 level 2 chargers and mine was charged to 100% on pickup. The Kona EV is fantastic, I'm sure the wait will be worthwhile.

9. And you'll STILL know more than they will!

Wayne Warde likes this.
  10. zoominbc

zoominbc Active Member

Good luck with that, our sales person practiced on us, this was his first delivery though he had driven one. He did manage to pair our phones with Bluetooth but that was the extent of his knowledge.

11. Brennan Raposo

Brennan Raposo Well-Known Member

Yea no Ontario love!
    My dealer said 3 weeks, this is currently week 2.5 and not so much as a peep from her. Although from what I hear, it doesn’t sound like any dealerships in Ontario have had a single delivery yet.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Wayne Warde

Wayne Warde Active Member

The dealership in Nanaimo just got three white Kona's and three gray Kona's

Brennan Raposo likes this.
  14. Wayne Warde

IMG_20190122_191735.jpg

Attached Files:

Brennan Raposo and Domenick like this.
  15. Oilberta

Oilberta Member

Sun's shining on Alberta as well. There were 2 Ceramic Blues (not the rock group) on black interiors.One was outside for test drives; pic of my wife and the salesman in the other, on the showroom floor. These cars were definitely for sale immediately. I'll check the other large Calgary dealers as well. Country Hills.JPG

CJC and Wayne Warde like this.
  16. I don't know how to read that window sticker but the AUG makes me think of August and (considering it's nearly February) that makes my blood boil a little. Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean. And does anybody else feel like the longer this dribble of deliveries goes on the less special this feels. I mean, it's hard to justify 7 months of pre-order angst when all it earns you is the title of 1896th in Canada. Especially when, apparently, anybody with a cheque book in the west right now can waltz in and buy one, jumping the line of hundreds of pre-order customers. I know it's childish but the feelings are real. And I have to say that Hyundai cultivated it - and then betrayed it.

Brennan Raposo and Wayne Warde like this.
  17. Wayne Warde

I totally agree with you .How this makes any sense at all is beyond me. I was under the impression that everyone in Canada was sold so how can now have enough for test drives and to just have them sitting on the lot

18. I think they were all sold, but after the sticker shock a few people probably backed out after they were already built and on their way here.

Wayne Warde likes this.
  19. Brennan Raposo

Yea, I agree.
    You'd think they'd be able to ship some of those non-allocated models out East where people have been patiently waiting for their vehicles. Does't seem like they planned it right. One of those white on black ones should be sitting in my driveway right now saving me from yet another fuel-up. Not really fair that someone in BC/ALTA could just walk in, buy one and pick it up a couple days later. My thoughts are - fulfill your orders first THEN send dealers the stock they request/pay for.
    Don't send dealers 20 when 3 are sold, meanwhile there are a handful of people in Ontario, who are paying FULL RETAIL who have to wait.

Wayne Warde likes this.
  20. Very frustrating....

I've been told mine is on the train to Ontario, it would be nice if we were able to track the VIN somehow to see exactly where it is!

21. Brennan Raposo

I don't even have a VIN yet! I called my dealer on Friday and they had no update for me aside from saying that none of their orders have come in yet. But she didn't mention anything about any VIN's or them being on a train en route. Nada! Going to call again on Friday and let them know that there seems to be a bumper crop of them out west.

Wayne Warde and Shawn Schinkel like this.
  22. An update because I was asked: I successfully ran my VIN through my insurance agent. The quote for the EV was exactly the same as my current rate for my 2012 Fiat 500. So no big bump in rates as I'd feared.

23. I forgot to mention this as well, I did the same last week and it was only about $50 more a year than my 2017 Volt. I'm assuming the difference is only because the Kona's overall price is higher than the Volt.

Brennan Raposo and Wayne Warde like this.