2019 Clarity Plug In Release Date?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Rav, Dec 7, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

I agree. I definitely wouldn't have bought mine without the $7,500 credit.

I'd have kept my Accord that has 180k miles for another 100,000; if the math didn't show the Clarity being cheaper than running it with $3.85/gallon gas.

MPower likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

JustAnotherPoorDriver likes this.
  4. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

I don't notice any feature or specification differences in the 2019 Clarity PHEV. Interior pictures look identical, and even the color options look the same.

Unless I missing something...? Anyone else find a difference yet?

EDIT: Canadian Site lists it as the 2019 Clarity as well. Can't see anything noticeably different on that site as well. https://www.honda.ca/clarity

5. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Smart Wiper System is what has always been on the Clarity. This Honda sales training site explains the Smart Wiper System thusly:

What’s the Benefit?
    This system enhances the driver’s visibility during washer operation while using less fluid to clean the windshield.

The Feature:
    The Clarity features a remarkable windshield wiper/washer system.

• The washer nozzles are mounted on either side of the wiper arms, rather than at the base of the windshield as in normal systems.
    • When the driver initiates the washer, the nozzles only spray in the direction the wiper blade is moving.
    I wish there was a button to pump some more of that tiny bottle of washer fluid onto the windshield. I can't seem to get enough on the windshield to stop streaking.

Like you, I cannot detect any difference between the 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid and the 2019 model shown on Honda's Clarity page. So the only information left to discover is when the same car will start showing up with a 2019 serial number. Perhaps the Service Bulletin updates will come pre-installed in the 2019 models?

Ray B likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. WindsorBoy

WindsorBoy New Member

Demand was there for the 2018 model, the dealers just couldn't deliver them. My neighbor tried top buy one in June and was told he couldn't get a delivery before the 2019 models arrived. I asked my dealer about this and he told me they had to turn away a number of potential buyers because they couldn't get inventory.

9. Rav

Rav Member

Palo Alto and Dublin now have the 2019 models (base & touring) in stock so I'm assuming the rest of the Bay Area dealerships will have them soon.

10. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

I see that they have added blind spot monitoring. Does it mean that this is the added feature on top of current camera system ?

11. I see "lane watch" in the specs, but not blind spot monitoring. On the accord, they call BSM "Blind Spot Information System" (see the Accord page). Where do you see BSM for the Clarity?

Per https://automobiles.honda.com/sensing, it's only available on the Accord, CRV, Pilot, Odyssey, and Ridgeline. Cross traffic (fyi) on the Accord, CRV, Pilot, and Ridgeline.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

He is likely referencing the Canadian page which calls it "Honda LaneWatch blind spot display".

14. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

The exact words they use are " Honda LaneWatch™ blind spot display" not sure this means same camera system or something different

15. "Honda LaneWatch™ blind spot display" is what we have on the 2018. See

16. JimW

JimW Active Member

Interesting that the 2019 spec sheet says transmission is "fixed single speed" instead of previous confusing term E-CVT.

17. mhcrowder

mhcrowder New Member

Destination charges are now listed as $920 for the 2019 compared to $890 for the 2018.

MHC

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

18. They are obviously trying to improve the clarity [of the spec sheet] without improving the clarity [the car]

19. insightman

Well, the website was the first 2019 Clarity shoe and this is the other one dropping. I'm assuming Honda didn't announce the 2019 models because they made no changes to the 2018 models other than the serial numbers.

20. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Still shows the Climate Pre-conditioning as a Touring-only feature. upload_2019-1-8_16-14-18.png

21. rodeknyt

rodeknyt Active Member

...and what seems to be a price reduction on the Touring. They were 37,450 for the 2018 model year.

22. insightman

Thanks, I missed that while I was searching for knobs and lumbar-support adjustments. With that lower price the Touring models will be flying off the showroom floors (or so Honda must expect). Clearly, Honda isn't worried about cannibalizing Accord sales.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  23. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

Actually it is the same price - the $37,495 included the destination charge. The MSRP in 2018 was $36,600.

2018:
    https://hondanews.com/honda-automobiles/channels/Plug-In-Hybrid/releases/2018-honda-clarity-plug-in-hybrid-pricing-and-epa-data-5-1-2018

2019:
    https://hondanews.com/honda-automobiles/channels/Plug-In-Hybrid/releases/2019-honda-clarity-plug-in-hybrid-pricing-and-epa-data

So far the only differences I have found are:
    1. the destination charge went up by $25.
    2. the last digit of the year went from an 8 to a 9.

MPower, 228ra and insightman like this.