12 volt accessory ports are not working

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hi.Ho.Silver, Dec 24, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi.Ho.Silver

Hi.Ho.Silver Active Member

Both my front and rear seat accessory ports (cigarette lighter) are dead. Do these have fuses somewhere? It’s possible that a defective phone charger caused the problem.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Try first in Fuse Box A which is one of 4 under the driver’s side dashboard.
    #10: CTR ACC SOCKET 20A
    #29: FR ACC SOCKET 20A
    Always replace with same size fuse and never ever with a larger one or you risk a melt down and possible fire.

See p 556 in the manual for a picture of it and location of the fuse label to match fuse # with physical location.
    You’ll have to stand on your head or do a contortionist act though. Hope you’re young and supple
    Merry Christmas.
    Here’s a screen shot of it.
    82A3EFA7-770F-4F3F-A538-61C5207FC8B2.png

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Viking79 and JJim like this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Attached Files:

JJim likes this.
  5. Hi.Ho.Silver

Thanks to Kentucky Ken and Insightman for the info. I'm afraid that I am neither young nor supple so this will be an adventure.

6. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

Or the PDF version,

Attached Files:

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Another view
    [​IMG]

9. Hi.Ho.Silver

Thanks for the info. I was able to locate and change the fuses which are under the dash. Basically one must lay on the ground (or on a nice mat as I did) with their head and upper body in front of the drivers seat to be able to view the fuse box. Their is "one of each" spare fuses inside the cover of the fuse box that is under the hood. If you need more (as I did) these are ones to order: ATM-LP
    Clarity fuses.jpg

KentuckyKen likes this.