Any Clarity with Black Wheels?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robert_Alabama, Dec 14, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

For an OEM Clarity rim $275 isn't bad, although more expensive than a new, un-curbed Clarity accessory wheel if you're just looking for a genuine Honda full-sized Clarity rim on which to mount a spare tire. I wonder how it became black, where are the expensive snap-in plastic spokes, and where are its 3 siblings?

3. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I actually bought the one in the second link I posted (got it for best offer which was a little less than $150 including shipping). It looks factory painted, gloss black. Don't know if it is one of the siblings to the one in the first link or not. It had a very little curb rash, but a light sanding and some black gloss spray paint, and I think it will be good as new. I have the black inserts on my wheels, so I kind of wanted to see what the solid black will look like on a black car. If nothing else, I may decide to ditch the Nissan wheel I have for a spare and use the black rim for a spare. I also think if I destroyed a wheel, that I could match the silver paint on the wheel pretty closely and repaint the black rim for essentially nothing.

4. insightman

The two rims were listed by different sellers in different cities, so probably not siblings. You got a great price--especially if the resonator's intact!

5. Robert_Alabama

All looked really good. This rim has two resonators (one on each side of the wheel). I thought I remembered the rims on our cars had only one? However the rim is so new looking it very little rubber residue on the inside of the edges and no noticeable wear at lug holes, but obviously it has been run some to have curb rash. Kind of wondering if it could have been on a test mule?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Robert_Alabama

8. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

Looks quite cool. I'm considering repainting my rim

9. insightman

People are selling wheels from a leased Clarity Electric? Perhaps both of the ebay wheels were from totaled Clarity Electrics? If so, were the other 3 wheels also wrecked in both instances?

10. To remove this ad click here.

11. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

Bought black rims for the stick tires and used the stock rims for winter tires.
    IMG_2308.jpg IMG_2765.jpg

Lucien Mcleod likes this.
  12. Russl

Russl New Member

13. 2020

2020 Member

I just painted the plastic insert-$15.

Attached Files:

14. Nice! Do those plastic “hubcaps” just pry off? I was thinking about painting mine, either black or green to match the car.

15. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Yes, they pop right off, but, you have to remove the wheel from the car because the lug nuts help hold it on.

16. Got it! That’s not obvious.

17. Naughtysauce

Naughtysauce Member