Plug-In owner gift suggestions

Discussion in 'General' started by Domenick, Dec 7, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

A tool box that holds my sockets, rackets, break-over, pliers, screw drivers, goose neck light, soldering pen, cheap DVM, telescoping mirror, funnel, e.t.c. in organized trays.

Bob Wilson

Randy Stegbauer and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ... and fits in the recessed cubby in the trunk.

Domenick likes this.
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

One more for Dominick’s premium gift list. A Li-ion battery pack for jump starting other cars without needing to hook up to our 12v battery or even lift the hood. And it’s insurance for a dead 12v battery in a PHEV like the Clarity that needs the 12v battery to start the electronics and access the HV battery for start up. For us it’s dead 12v and no go even if HV battery is fully charged up. And it’s good insurance if you get stuck or stranded that you will always have power for your cell phone.
    After exhaustive use of my Google-fu, I Recommend this Gooloo 200 (funny name but great reviews) which is $89.99. It is has 1,000 Amps peak current, 20800 mA capacity, and 76.9 Wh. Good for starting up to 8 L gas and even most diesels. Has USB and a flashlight. Small but very powerful and will easily fit in the Clarity trunk cubby with plenty of room left over.
    It’s the best my Google-fu could find. Only caveat is that you can only start a limited number of cars (about 4 in 10 min) without over heating the battery. But really, how often are you going to do that?

Here is the link:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XY35D93/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AU30U33PEM3VY&psc=1

PS: I challenge anyone to beat its features and reviews for the same price.
    PPS: For the doubters out there, a Good Samaritan with a Li-ion one of these the size of a small paperback book (brand unknown) started my completely dead (wouldn’t even click the starter solenoid) 4 cylinder car in just seconds! I was highly skeptical when he pulled this tiny little thing out, but he made a believer out of me. They really do work.

Domenick likes this.
  5. lorem101

lorem101 Member

Domenick likes this.
  6. I'd like to thank you all for your help with this. Not everything made it, but a number did. It was really a huge help.
    You can read the final post >here.<

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SilverNewt

SilverNewt New Member

EcoSolaris in Canada makes port covers for a range of cars (https://ecosolaris.com). I have used and recommend the Leaf cover, we just got the "eco-dome" for our Outlander and it looks good but haven't had a reason to use it yet.

Domenick likes this.