A new Clarity video from Tom Voelk

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by PHEV Newbie, Nov 28, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm not suggesting anyone go beyond the click-point--I don't, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree whether 121-hp acceleration or 181-hp acceleration qualifies as "strongly." Tesla drivers are laughing at this hair-splitting.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

My guess is that whether you find the little window useful depends on how tall you are sitting down. When I adjust my rear view mirror, I see out of the little window very well.

insightman likes this.
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Well, that’s only fair; I honk and laugh at Tesla owners as I drive by on long trips and they’ve stuck charging.

5. LAF

LAF Active Member

and paying off there 50-70K bills for their car!

6. Thank you for posting. I used to watch Tom Voelke videos fairly faithfully back when he was associated with a Seattle TV station or something. Then I found Alex on Autos YouTube channel and never looked back -- the two definitely have a much different style of reviews.
    I do like that he made the point I've been trying to make to all my neighbors and friends -- it's hard to argue against a PHEV when it is both a fairly nice car and also capable of doing 90+% of your driving on electricity.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    As a previous poster said, maybe it's related to height. I am tall, and it lines up perfectly. If it was not there, I would find the view out of the back unacceptable. And since I am viewing from higher up, I would think my view without the window would be better than shorter drivers from lower down.
    I also HATE the low quality of the backup camera, so I assume I use that less than most people.

I'm also guessing that the reason the window was required in this car is because the back end is higher than most for aerodynamic purposes, therefore requiring the normal rear window to be higher than on a normal car, hence requiring the pass through glass to have a reasonable view.