When is first suggested service?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by MCTransp, Nov 2, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MCTransp

MCTransp New Member

Hi all!

I thought I would get a service reminder at 5,000, but no. Then I thought I would get one at 6,000, but still no. Now I am at 6,500.

When did you get a notification for your first service? Does it depend on how much you use the ICE?

Thanks in advance.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

Wait for it...wait for it...

You'll get it soon enough. Vast majority of folks get the reminder 6500 to 7500 miles But maybe you'll be the outlier and not get the reminder for the full 12 months. Keep us posted when the MM does show up.

You can go into settings through the info button on the steering wheel and it will tell you in months how long before its due.

Good luck!

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

It is possible to have the MM show first service at 12 months if you drive low miles and mostly EV as I do.
    I’ve driven less than 6,000 miles since purchase in Feb with 90% EV.

5. weave

weave Active Member

Mine said 9 months the day I took it out of the lot. Since it was three months after build date I wonder if the time to service is set when it leaves the showroom -- or if the dealer is supposed to reset it when doing their prep.

Anyway, I've had mine for four months now and it says five months until service is needed.

I've put maybe 600 miles on ICE (out of 3000 total) so far.

6. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

Mine says 8 months and I’ve had it for 4 months all EV so far.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Schaffer970

Schaffer970 New Member

Just did second service at 14,800. Don't remember first exactly but it was ~7,000.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Dmiko

Dmiko New Member

Doesn't seem to depend on ev usage at all. Remaining time to service seems to steadily decline with miles, irrespective of I use 100 percent EV or not. Trending to 7,500 miles to first service with 15/85 ICE/EV split.

10. Timothy

Timothy Active Member

Have folks generally been charged for the update the fixes the HV mileage if they get it at their first service?

11. Dmiko

Dmiko New Member

Was free for me. It is a recall-like situation.

12. To remove this ad click here.