Interesting New Canadian Review: " Squeezed Between a Prime and a Volt"

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Texas22Step, Oct 31, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

Not the best review and look how dirty they left the engine compartment.

4. SkipperT

SkipperT Member

Looks like they didn’t know what “Sport” meant either.....

Should we clue him in?

-Skip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mariner91

Mariner91 Member

To each his/her own, of course, but having driven all 3 vehicles mentioned here before deciding on Clarity, I have to strongly disagree that Clarity is "squeezed between a Prime and a Volt". While it is true that EV Mileage wise it is "in between", though Much closer to Volt's range than Prius Prime's measly 25 Miles, there are some points that IMO puts Clarity far ahead of both. Interior luxury is far beyond what Volt and specially Prime offers. While Prime has more head room, the over all space of Clarity is also ahead of both Prime and Volt.

I especially thought it funny that they found Clarity to be slow in the start, if they're comparing it to a Volt. The biggest drawback I found with the Volt is the feeling of having a tractor trailer behind me, lol.

6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

If I had read that review, and trusted it, I might not have even looked at the Clarity. Good thing I didn't because the car is great and I'm super pleased with it. It's the most comfortable, spacious, quiet, smooth, good cornering, and efficient car I've ever owned.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I considered the Chevy and Prius Prime and Clarity. I drove them all. Only small chipmunks can fit in the back of either the Volt or Prius Prime. The Prius infotainment system is from the 1990s (Entune) SUCKS! The Clarity obviously wins hands down, comfort, roominess, quiet. Honda reliability, the list goes on and on. I just received and filled out an independent 8 page new car survey. I ranked my Clarity number 1 and was brutally honest anout the Volt and Prius Prime i considered and dropped....

9. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

We owned two Prius cars before the Clarity, we were driving a 2015 Prius at the time we bought the Clarity. But for us Toyota was taking the Prius off in a direction we didn't want to go. They were emphasizing radical designs with even lower step-in and ride heights. When we stopped by the Toyota dealer my wife wouldn't even get into the Prime because of the color of the seats.

We didn't consider the Volt due to the smaller size. Cargo space was very limited.

10. Phil C

Phil C New Member

can't wait til get my Clarity from Canada. Put a deposit a month ago and still no ETA. Probably I will get a 2019 model...
    Until then, my good old 2007 Accord will continue to do a great job!

11. bigbug

bigbug Member

Pathetic review, obviously this guy knows nothing about electric vehicle.

12. To remove this ad click here.