Engine Oil Quality

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Atul Thakkar, Oct 24, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

In other Honda Models like Honda CR-V , in dashboard display , it show's % life left for the Oil.
    Does this Information Available for Clarity any way ?

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

All the Clarity Maintenance Minder will do is predict when the next service will be necessary and then display a Code A when it's time to change the oil. Oh, those lucky Clarity Fuel Cell and Clarity Electric lessors--they never have to worry about engine oil.

Attention: Important advice from page 483 of the Owners Manual:
    upload_2018-10-24_15-13-40.png

Is there anyone who does this?

Jan and Randy Stegbauer like this.
  4. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

I hope not. ;)

Texas22Step and M.M. like this.
  5. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

With amount my engine runs I probably don’t even need oil!

6. If we did then the good latch would be broken from overuse.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Jan

Jan New Member

So basically, does that mean that if someone charges tevery day , Honda is recommending that they check the oil level? Geez. That could be a great marketing campaign: “Get the electric plug in from Honda. Its small gasoline engine almost never has to turn on. But: you should check the engine oil ever day. “

9. M.M.

M.M. Active Member

Egad. I would be genuinely ashamed if I was the person who wrote this in the manual. It's like warning drivers that the lubrication system might just empty itself onto the ground at any moment.

Although come to think of it, even if that were true they should just recommend looking at the space you parked when you drive away, in case there's a huge puddle of oil there...

insightman likes this.
  10. Atul Thakkar

The Maintenance reminder is a joke , because the engine use is different for different person and thus the original Idea presented in Honda CRV makes complete sense. Tell me about how much % life left in oil and Then tell me when do I need to change oil. The most important technical information , where it needed most is missing because % driving on Battery is different from person to person.

Clarity_Newbie likes this.
  11. Atul Thakkar

I am following old rule of thumb , I will change oil when I have 10 000km on Engine based on my rough split of 70/30 ( Battery/engine).

Clarity_Newbie likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Be sure to check your warranty for a "rule of thumb" clause.

Honda's doing a CYA with the ridiculously frequent oil-change schedule programmed into the Maintenance Minder. I assume it's based on the worst-case scenario of someone who never charges their battery (which would echo the engine activity for one of their non-hybrid cars).

Texas22Step likes this.
  14. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Getting close to second oil change and wondering if anyone has sent their Clarity oil to one of those sites for analysis? Asked Blackstone to mail me a kit.

clarityowner12 likes this.