Clarity Sightings

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hi.Ho.Silver, Mar 10, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kailani

Kailani Member

Although I saw a Clarity on I-95 in CT a few months ago, the only others I’d seen since then were on the dealer’s lot where I got the software range-fix update... until this weekend, when I saw a white Clarity driving toward me along a back road in my own town (about 7,000 pop.). The Clarity’s distinctive day time running lights set it apart and make it easy to spot. I instinctively honked and waved—we passed so quickly I don’t think the driver knew what was up. And, in a way, that’s probably a good thing... I was driving my wife’s big SUV.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

I’ve seen another one here in Tacoma in the University Hills area. Modern metallic like mine.

Just saw another modern metallic in Port Townsend yesterday afternoon. They’re still pretty rare.

I did see a couple here at the Honda dealer in Bremerton when I took mine in for service. The advisor said mine was probably the second one they’ve had in for service. The advisor and salespeople were asking me questions about it. Many said they were interested in it. I got the impression it’s just too “new” for most folks. Maybe after us pioneers get a few years on ours, they will be more acceptable to the masses.

4. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

I still don't get the reivews that say the clarity is sluggish and slow. Yeah maybe going 120-150km/h or 65- 85mph but it still picks up at that speed and nobody does that very often vs 0-50 stop and go.

5. JRosen

JRosen New Member

I live in Rochester NY. Saw my first other Clarity in Buffalo yesterday. Red. Waved but they didn’t notice.

6. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

My wife sent me a text that she saw another Clarity here in Raleigh (on Atlantic Avenue). Unfortunately I have our Clarity today so the driver probably thought my wife was nuts when she was giving the Clarity driver a thumbs up.

geo

David A likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Candice

Candice Active Member

I live north of Buffalo, but my Clarity was not out yesterday...I have driven it to see my son at RIT and used their free charging!

9. BrettB

BrettB New Member

I saw a black one on Rt. 119 (heading east) this morning as I was heading into Groton, MA. I waved from my red one, but I don't think they noticed.

10. Arthur Picard

Arthur Picard New Member

I have seen a silver one 2 days at the corner oh South main and Locust St Attleboro, Ma. Mine is modern steel.

11. amy2421

amy2421 Active Member

I just saw my very first Clarity sighting "in the wild" this week. I was pulling out of the parking lot at Costco and a Moonlit Forest Green Clarity was driving in. I was so excited and waved but she didn't notice me. :)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ghaleon

Ghaleon New Member

I just picked up my white Clarity PHEV this past Tuesday and since I've started looking I've come across a Modern Steel Metallic (or possible 2-3 different ones) a few times in northern NJ. If you're here on the forum driving to work on I-80 in NJ in the morning, howdy from a newer member of the club!

14. Vezz66

Vezz66 Member

Saw my first Steel Metallic just this morning - Montreal, close to Bonaventure. Immediately recognized by the front lights.

15. Dustin

Dustin Member

I saw one yesterday in Port Orchard, we've got a few around now.

Mine is black and usually in the Silverdale/Poulsbo area.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Inside EVs mobile app

16. Crota

Crota Member

I have seen 3 in my neighborhood. Still waiting for when the clarity numbers are better than the prius.

17. Clarity Dave

Clarity Dave Member

Finally saw another Clarity in my Seattle neighborhood this morning!

18. Lepori

Lepori Member

That seems like a long way off! Although probably a third of the cars in my neighborhood are priuses. Only one other clarity although there is a Prius prime and volt and bolt and ford Energi and i3 and 3 electric fiats and some sort of Kia PHEV, so I think there is hope.

19. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Just saw a green one at a Peets here in Elk Grove, CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

20. aapitten

aapitten Active Member

I was near Fieldsboro NJ this week for work and saw a White Clarity (last 3 digits of the plate were KBS). It's my first clarity I've seen in the wild! (Unless you count the one I parked at the Orlando convention center.) Sadly I was in a rental car since I flew out to Jersey, so there was no hope of the driver noticing me. :-(

21. TheTruth

TheTruth New Member

I have a black Touring model and my friend has a burgandy one. I've had it for 4 months and I've seen only 2 others. A white one and a burgandy one. Both were spotted plugged in at a Whole Foods. I've still yet to see one on the road.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Inside EVs mobile app

David A likes this.
  22. Pacific Fly

Pacific Fly New Member

Here in the SF Bay Area I see other Clarities almost every day. Today, for example, I saw two on the road commuting to work, and a colleague's parked at work. I rely on spotting the rear skirts for positive ID, so wouldn't know if one of you modders drives by.

Candice likes this.
  23. RickSE

RickSE Active Member

Spotted a Black clarity on the mass pike this morning near Boston. I’ve seen three others but since I saw them before I picked up my clarity last week I guess they don’t count. I’ve mentioned my car to 10 different people now and NONE of them had ever heard of the clarity. Told them about the discount off msrp, the rebate and the tax credit and they couldn’t believe it. Neither can I....and the dealers still have plenty of unsold clarity’s in the Boston area.