Key fob case

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by su_A_ve, Jul 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Dealer did not have the correct type for our cars, though the ones they carry are the ones with openings.

I happen to like much better the ones that cover the actual buttons like these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CYMB1T5

I contacted the seller and they are going to try to make them. Anyone seen these design?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RoysHonda

RoysHonda New Member

Did you hear back from the seller? I need to get a case for my wife's key.

4. Teamchang

Teamchang Member

I got it for my odyssey. It fits my clarity one but the icons are wrong. Waiting for them to make the clarity ones. You do need to cut the loop on the end so you can use the valet key.

5. Matt B

Matt B New Member

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

I ended up with a similar one to what V8Power posted, except it has a notch in the back that shows the Honda logo. But none of these aftermarket allow you to use the valet key. I think I've seen a metal one (two pieces which screw together) that does allow the removal of the valet key but was more that I ever wanted to spend.

Never use valet. The glove box can't be locked, and have not seen a way to disable the trunk button or a way to lock the seats...

8. JJim

JJim Active Member

I got this case on ebay for $8. It do not cover the buttons but I like the design. I just hook it to my belt loop for easy access and it will not get scratch from orther key in my pocket Screenshot_2018-08-31-23-28-59-1.png

Jason N likes this.
  9. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Thanks @Teamchang. I just realized the Clarity does not have a valet capability. You can’t give someone the ability to start and drive the car and keep them out of the trunk at the same time.
    Honda could add a valet feature by just a software option to ignore fob commands except start. Then you could just keep the key and the valet could not get into the trunk.

BTW, the physical key is just a “dumb” metal key with no immobilizer function despite what p 153 of the manual says about it. The immobilizer function is in the fob.
    The key is only used to gain access to the car and then hood or charge port, or the trunk and then the gas port in case the fob is DOA or the car has insufficient power to receive and operate commands from the fob.
    Strangely enough, I can get the key to roll the windows up and down but can only get the fob to roll them down.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Teamchang likes this.
  10. JJim

JJim Active Member

I think this feature to avoid you hurting someone's arm/head when you roll the windows up from distance where you don't see the car

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  13. Linkmodo

Linkmodo Member

I bought a set of 2 on eBay for $8.99 shipped from China, got to me in 2 weeks, and it's much cheaper than Aamzon... I also get two to cover both my keys. I just cut out the holes front and back and it actually works better that way.

Already dropped the key couple times and the case did it's job!

Here is the link where I got it: https://ebay.to/2BplgI9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Steven L

Steven L New Member

15. WantEV

WantEV Member

16. ozy

ozy Active Member

This may sound like a dumb question but why do you need key fob covers? Is it to protect the key fob from damage or is just a cosmetic thing?

17. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

For me, just to keep from getting scratched up while sitting in my pocket with other stuff. Dealer gave me a free purple one so it ain’t for beauty!

18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I purchased a cover after someone mentioned that their key fob's gorgeous blue backside was easy to scratch. I was surprised that someone would have a cover that didn't protect that delicate blue paint.

19. ozy

ozy Active Member

That fob stays in my pocket or in my man bag 100% of the time. Even if it gets scratched, who would notice?

MPower likes this.
  20. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm so happy that the blue backside will be beautiful forever, even though I may never see it again. Guess I'm a little OCD. Interestingly, I draw the line short of the covers that protect the buttons, too. I don't think the buttons will get scratched, so I want to see them.

But if not to protect from scratches, why do you have a cover? Is your cover just to protect the sides of your fob from the shock of falls?