Watch out Tesla, Jaguar is Prowling...

Discussion in 'General' started by David Green, Aug 24, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David Green

Domenick likes this.
  4. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

David Green likes this.
  5. David Green

Absolutely, I-pace is cheaper, has more features, better ergonomics (grab handles, door pockets, cup holders, interior lighting, etc...), a more upright seating position, can go off roading, or on a track, and will beat the Tesla performance wise in both places, comes with 5Y 60K mile free scheduled maintenance, but has slightly higher consumption, and cannot haul as much cargo. Oh, and the I-Pace does not have access to the supercharger network, which to me has little value, but some if all other things were equal.

TeslaInvestors likes this.
  6. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

How much is the free maintenance worth on an electric car. Do they supply you with free new windshield wipers, cabin filters?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. David Green

I am not sure yet, what it entails, but our Range Rover calls for brake fluid flush every 25K miles. I will post when I know what is included.

Tesla sells similar plans for the Model S and X, and it seems like the number I have heard is $2500 for 3 years, Tesla owners, please correct me on this because I am not sure the exact amount or terms??

9. JyChevyVolt

JyChevyVolt Active Member

Consumption is high. 210 mile range on 55mph. Hopefully, the new software will reduce consumption by using the front wheel most of the time.

10. David Green

Yeah, that is very high, and I do not believe the numbers, Need to charge to full, drive the full range, anything like what Bjorn did like this in the middle is not much more valid then guessing. Others have tested at much higher speeds, with about the same consumption.

11. Richard Driscoll

Richard Driscoll New Member

Not quite sure why a supercharger network has little value? How dou you go on a long road trip without it?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. David Green

Well first of all in the USA the charging infrastructure is changing quickly, with Electrify America coming in with their ultra fast 150-350KW DC charging network that will be in 950 locations (300 highway and 650 community) within the next year, they already have 64 locations open or under construction just 2 months after hiring their design build contractors, and those guys are just ramping. I expect to see another 50 to 100 locations added to the list in the next 30 days. I am from Seattle, we are already getting stations on all 3 major highways out of Seattle. Seattle and Portland are on the list of cities getting the community charging as well, which is nice. A long trip out of Seattle, say to Las Vegas, or Yellowstone will be able to be accomplished with I0-Pace using only EA by next summer, as will a cross country trip, but not as many options on the route. I will post the map that shows EA cycle 1, once Cycle 1 is complete next June, then cycle 2 starts, which is another equal investment, this is when EA will Pass the Tesla Supercharger Network and take over number 1 in the USA... But then Cycle 3 and 4 will continue to grow that lead into the future...
    https://www.electrifyamerica.com/our-plan
    https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locations

Electrify America 2 .png

14. David Green

I had been thinking about this range thing, and reviewing other EV's, I-Pace even without the software update is not too far off of Bjorn's model X, which he estimates to have 190 mile real world range.

15. JyChevyVolt

JyChevyVolt Active Member

X has the supercharger network. On a road trip, you have to eliminate 30-35% of the battery, after the initial leg.

Road Trip
    1) 100% SOC (161 miles)
    2) 15% to 80% SOC (120 miles)
    3) 15% to 80% SOC (120 miles)
    Total 400 miles. 2 fast charge at ? Minutes.

16. David Green

So now that I debunked your range FUD you want to move the goalpost to charging? Well, I cannot argue with you on that now, as we simply have no data on the production charging rate or ramp of the I-Pace on the Electrify America Network, but for people like me that only will use outside charging 6-10 times a year, it is a non Issue, Jaguar advertised 0-80% in 40 minutes... So I assume 15-80% is going to take 30 minutes? 35 minutes? Or do you suggest Jaguar is committing false advertising?

17. David Green

I see Electrify America added 2 more locations that are operational this week, thats 8 for the month, not too bad... Electrify America 3.png