no 2019 model

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Vas, Aug 7, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Vas

Vas New Member

Does anyone know why there is no 2019 followup of Clarity PHEV? Thanks in advance!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Well the PHEV version just shipped December 5th so it hasn't been out a year. Honda predicted they'd sell just 75,000 over 5 years. It is possible they would just let the five years pass without a single change to the product. It's also possible they might make just some minor changes. This is pretty common for Honda and Toyota.

4. geminiwave

geminiwave New Member

That said the dealers in Seattle area stopped getting shipments. I think this signals a 2019 model coming in. I wouldn’t expect any major changes but I bet something is coming soon.

5. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

Seattler +1
    No, I don't think that's something special. Dealers in Seattle are always short of Clarity stock. I only found one on lot among 5 dealers when I purchased mine in April.

Plus some big dealers are trying to convince me to putting down payment for a car still on ship.
    The funny part is that they start with "a non binding fully refundable deposit". When i almost decided to pay, after another "talk with the manager", they ask me to sign purchase contract and make down payment.
    Ridiculous tricks.

6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

There are 10 Clarity cars sitting on the Crown Motors lot here in Redding. Forget waiting for a ship to arrive.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

Thanks for the info, but I've done shopping. (Yep, the only one on the lot)
    I don't wanna drive 10 hours on a new car either.

9. geminiwave

geminiwave New Member

No what I mean is that I couldn’t even put down a down payment. They offered that at first and then came back and said there are NO MORE available to order from the factory. The manager was actually pretty frustrated because we had hammered out a deal and he couldn’t deliver.

gooki likes this.
  10. AnthonyW

AnthonyW Well-Known Member

Per a Honda salesman who also owns a Clarity on a Honda Clarity Facebook group the 2019 will be released on January 24, 2019 with no major changes or updates

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

how about another dealer?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. geminiwave

geminiwave New Member

Considering the other 3 nearby can’t sell ones they’ve had on the lot since April? Not sure they’re getting any more in either.

14. Yukon903

Yukon903 New Member

According to the service advisor at the deal shop, the 2019 will have the ability to do updates via WiFi or cellular.

15. Ben Washburn

Ben Washburn Member

Meaning no more taking it to the shop for software updates?

16. Yukon903

Yukon903 New Member

That is my understanding.

17. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Now, they could very easily do a software update that allows updates to be done via WiFi or cellular for 2018 models.

18. smith ho

smith ho New Member

Does anybody know the software upd on 19 Clarity?

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs