Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RoysHonda

RoysHonda New Member

Fort Myers Honda. I've been working with Nelson. Secured a base model thats coming in on rail as we speak. No extra's which was fine since they were the best price on the West coast. There was a dealer on the east coast a couple hundred dollars cheaper, but that wasn't worth it for me.

I thought I was going to grab one from New Jersey, but that was before I realized the advertised price included the state discounts.

I should take delivery in the next week or two. I'm going with the 0.9% for 3 years, and then just getting the Honda Care warranty online.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. profb

profb New Member

Thanks! what was your out the door price? did you do anything special to get that price?

4. RoysHonda

RoysHonda New Member

With tax, delivery, tags, fees, should be right around $35k. so, $27,500 after taxes. Let me know if you need anything else or Nelsons email.
    I just worked with Nelson and told him I don't have time to battle back and forth and to give me the dealership's bottom price. It has been a pleasant experience so far, and I'm happy I'm able to buy locally versus shipping a car in from out of state.

5. profb

profb New Member

yes, could you give me his email? if there's a referral fee, I could pm you. I assume you think this is the best price we can get around here?

6. lanb

lanb Active Member

Hmm, I thought the prices posted in this forum was before any state rebates ?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. RoysHonda

RoysHonda New Member

From what I have seen......No. The dealers in those state have been posting the prices on their websites that reflect the state incentives as well. I wasn't happy because I called them to make a deal, and was just going to ship the vehicle. Then I received the phonecalls back apologizing.

9. RoysHonda

RoysHonda New Member

I PMed you the information!!

10. lanb

lanb Active Member

I was referring to prices posted in this thread by members. I believe those reflect the dealer incentives by Honda but not any state rebates. I guess I will find out when I call next week :)

11. RoysHonda

RoysHonda New Member

Some of the numbers being posted in this thread were the same price as the prices on the websites....which did include the state incentives.

Keep us posted!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Ray B

Ray B Active Member

I haven't browsed the thread yet, so sorry if this info has been posted before. I live in MA and there is a table of tax incentives and dealer-specific incentives for all EVs.
    http://massenergywebservices.com/drivegreen/table-all.php
    That's how I ended up with the best price (before tax, title, $399 doc fee, etc.) of $29,900. Other quotes I was getting were all around $31,400 before tax, etc.
    I suspect most are already aware of this page (https://pluginamerica.org/why-go-plug-in/state-federal-incentives/) which assembles all the incentives based on zip code including things like charger rebates, HOV access...

14. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

NJ does not have any state rebates... There is apparently 1500 dealer cash from Honda for dealers in ZEV states, but not sure what happens if you purchase to register elsewhere.

15. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

As an FYI - when I asked for Costco pricing and used central NJ zip codes, I got two dealerships both with the same price of $29,300 before doc fees/tax/title. But when I put in a PA zip code, I got prices in the 31K. Interestingly enough, the dealer was still located in NJ.

16. wildfins

wildfins New Member

Just made the plunge last weekend and purchased a Base Clarity Plug In Hybrid from Penske Honda Ontario in SoCal. Thanks to other members on this forum, I contacted Nima Nazir (Nnazir @ socalpenske dot com) who gave me a straight quote at the first try: $4,290 off MSRP based on current Honda available incentives / $32,860 OTD for my zip code.

As I didn't want to play the price matching game with other local dealerships that I contacted previously (some called me back several times to haggle over prices), I decided to drive more than an hour to close the deal with Nima to compensate her efforts. Our experience at the dealership was smooth and relaxed, no pressure whatsoever, even though the wait time to go sign the contract with the finance manager was quite long due to high volume transactions on a sunny and warm Sunday.

If you are in SoCal, I'd highly recommend Nima for your next Clarity... or any other new Honda car need actually...

Kestrel likes this.
  17. wildfins

wildfins New Member

Note: the car comes as is from factory without any dealer accessories added and my purchase price was $34290 MSRP - $4290 discount = $30000 + ttl = $32860 OTD based on my zip code.

18. Bravo1231

Bravo1231 New Member

Did you actually get this price? I can’t seem to get them to go for it.

19. Monir

Monir New Member

got my Touring for $36,500 OTD, which also includes some dealer added stuff like door guards and pin stripes (which is stupid). Sticker was $37,900 before taxes and title. Got it from Planet Honda in NJ.

20. FlaDave

FlaDave New Member

Note that you cannot purchase HondaCare from out of state for a vehicle titled in Florida. Accordingly, I don't think you'll be able to find any particularly good deals, but please post here if you do! Good luck!

21. socalclarity

socalclarity New Member

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I got a really nice deal on a base model in the San Diego area for $31,700 (and 0.9% financing.) To get the color I wanted, the dealer did a swap with another dealer, and the car ended up having wheel locks, carpeted floor mats, and a cargo tray in the trunk, and they didn't charge me for those. After the State rebate ($1500) and the Federal tax credit, the price ends up 22,700 - an incredible value for such a sweet car. So far I'm very happy with it. The only disappointment is with the HondaLink iPhone app which was extremely difficult to set up, and only works intermittently. Otherwise I was able to get a handle on all the technology quickly, and I love how quiet it is - quietest driving experience I have ever had. Lane assist, active cruise control, right turn camera, HV mode, paddles for controlling regenerative braking - all work well and were easy to get a feel for.

22. wildfins

wildfins New Member

If this is an Out The Door price (all tax, title, license and fees included), then you did get an awesome deal within the region, I have not seen any price that good on this thread for SoCal area... Congrats!

23. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Last month Planet Honda had quoted the same price I had from Hamilton and Open Road, about $29,300. When I picked up the car, Costco price with Hamilton had gone up to 29,900. It seems it varies every week..