Arcimoto FUV

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by Thom Riddle, Nov 18, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Arcimoto has just released a video update. Nothing mind blowing really, but they show some of the new machinery and the developing setup of their new facility. I love it when a plant comes together. ;)

Apexerman likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Apexerman

Apexerman Member

I like the transparency with which they've shown the facility and product development. It definitely cast aside fears the FUV would end up like the Elio. The price point and product matched in terms of design, engineering and market potential. They didn't try to bite off more than they could chew. As a result, we'll see limited production vehicles throughout the year and full scale production into the next. I confess, I'm gonna have a blast in this thing.

NeilBlanchard and Domenick like this.
  4. Apexerman

Apexerman Member

Oh yeah....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NeilBlanchard and Domenick like this.
  5. Sweet! What's the story? Did you have a visit?

6. Apexerman

Apexerman Member

I haven't visited the new factory yet, but an Arcimoto forum member posted the pics online, which then appeared on Arcimoto's Facebook page. We're all excited to see the first few prototypes rolling off the assembly line. So far they're still on track to supply the Signature Series models followed by regular production versions. Current efforts are centered on getting the door options designed and built... soft shell, hard shell and possibly half doors. They'll likely hinge conventionally on one side with the other side mounted as one piece. All should be removable. At least that's the theory. The tailbox design seems to be coming along. Batteries and motors will supposedly offer slightly improved efficiency.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

Good to see!

9. NeilBlanchard

Arcimoto 2018 Q2 Earnings Update

Domenick likes this.
  10. Thanks, Neil! I wrote about this yesterday.

There's also a longer version with the webcast that has a decent question & answer session, so I'll embed it here.

NeilBlanchard likes this.
  11. NeilBlanchard

Thanks - I actually saw this on your article, and I meant to say so.

Edit: Is the official name of this now the FUV aka Fun Utility Vehicle? The SRK name is no longer used?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Yes, that is the case. I personally preferred SRK and think FUV is kind of silly, but it's not my company or product.

EyeOnEVs and NeilBlanchard like this.
  14. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

The comments here in this thread show enthusiasm from those who see this as something fun to drive. Seems that it would be rather curmudgeonly of me to express grumpily, as I have elsewhere, that I don't see what the appeal is. (Pushy is being a wet blanket! ;) )

I find the term "FUV" to be rather odd; "Fun" I get, but "Utility"? I don't get the impression that this vehicle appeals at all to those looking for utility!

I guess it's just a joke? Putting the "Fun" in "FUV" is perhaps poking fun at the whole concept of using the "____ Utility Vehicle" designation for a passenger vehicle -- i.e., "SUV" and "CUV" -- which I have always thought rather strange. If you want a "utility vehicle" then buy a pickup... or an actual (not street legal) utility vehicle!

[​IMG]
    This is a utility vehicle.

[​IMG]
    This is not.

15. Paphilo

Paphilo New Member

16. I finally got a chance to drive the Arcimoto FUV. As expected, it was pretty fun.

I wrote about it here, but if anyone has any questions, I may have some answers. I've got some video as well that I'll post once, I can get it edited a bit.

Arcimoto-FUV-1.jpg

NeilBlanchard and Pushmi-Pullyu like this.
  17. The Arcimoto FUV has a new face and a new edition to kick off retail sales with. Check out this article for all the details -- it includes the press release.

18. Here are a couple of photos as well.

arcimoto-fuv-evergreen-1.jpg arcimoto-fuv-evergreen-side-2.jpg

19. Oh, and here is a render showing what the doors should look like.

arcimoto-fuv-evergreen-black-red-doors.jpg

20. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Well, it is certainly attractively designed, and I can see why it would appeal to a certain market segment; perhaps a segment similar to those who buy ATVs for offroading.

"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like." -- Abraham Lincoln
    ;)

21. NeilBlanchard likes this.
  22. EyeOnEVs

EyeOnEVs New Member

Gali from HyperChange YT channel posted two fun and informative videos on the Arcimoto.

Domenick likes this.
  23. Not sure what this car is (3 wheeler), but my wife saw it at a charger station.

20191217_094528 (3) (800x450).jpg

Domenick likes this.