'M' between drive mode and regenerative braking chevrons

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Andrue, Aug 17, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Andrue

Andrue New Member

Hi. On page 33 of the clarity manual (https://ev.owners.honda.com/Content/PDFs/Clarity%20Plug-in%20Owners%20Guide%20ATRW1818OG.pdf) there is an image of our instrument cluster/screen. Under the sport mode indicator and between the drive mode and the regenerative braking chevrons there is a small upper case M. I've scoured the manual and I can not figure out what it means.

I've never seen this 'M' until tonight during a bought of 'spirited' driving in sport mode. It went away as quickly and as uneventfully as it appeared. Anyone know what this is indicating?

Sorry if this has been discussed before and I missed it. I did search the forum, but as you might imagine, searching for 'M' gives you an un-usefully large number of threads.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I think the M just signifies that the regenerative braking chosen won’t reset to default like it does in ‘Normal’ and Econ.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. Andrue

Andrue New Member

Thanks. So maybe 'M' is for 'Manual' regenerative braking control? I could have sworn that I had not seen it before (and have driven multiple times in sport mode with regen enabled), but I might have missed it.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Owners Manual page 91
    upload_2018-8-17_20-31-3.png

Owners Manual page 391
    upload_2018-8-17_20-30-41.png

6. Andrue

Andrue New Member

Perfect! Thanks so much, insightman. I just realized what I have been consulting is a pdf of an owners 'guide' (163 pages). Is there a pdf of the owners manual you cite above? Ostensibly, it is more than 391 pages. Apologies if this has been discussed/linked-to elsewhere.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

ClarityDoc likes this.
  9. Andrue

Andrue New Member

Fantastic! Sorry for wasting your time.

10. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

M for Maintain Regen

11. insightman

Please! Helping others on this great forum is never a waste of time. Glad to be of assistance.

Andrue likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. VTSAX

VTSAX New Member

Probably means “memory” since it remembers your setting instead of losing it once you accelerate again.