windshield wipers

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ProspectiveBuyer, Jun 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. How many of you find the windshield wiper situation unsatisfying? And how do you cope with it? Seems so odd that you really can't expect to spray enough fluid to clean the windshield without getting out of the car and using a spray bottle.

Daniel M W likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. NJClarity

NJClarity Member

They definitely could be better. Was a little surprised the first time I tried to use. You wouldn’t think Honda would miss on something so basic like that.

4. alyssai

alyssai Member

I actually like it a lot. You can press the spray as much as you can without activating the wipers. It also sprays on to the wiper which allows the wiper to be like lubricated before use. It will also prevent the windshield from getting scratched up if the wiper is lubricated.

I mainly only use the wipers when it is raining outside to make sure there wont be scratches on my windshield. I squeegee the windshield in the morning while the windows are wet. On drier days, I use a hand squeegee with water. This will make your wipers and windshield last much longer.

David Towle likes this.
  5. tim

tim Member

I'm not sure if you have the same problem, but my Clarity had a clog in the pump, so that either just a trickle or sometimes no fluid came out. I took the car to the dealer, and after they cleared the clog, there was a good amount of fluid coming out.

6. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

I found it works really well for routine washing (light dirt and bugs). Where it failed was cleaning salt that had dried on some during the winter at highway speeds. For the first few wipes, it just made it worse, which was dangerous.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. LAF

LAF Active Member

mine almost always leaves some streaks even if I pump in many times. do others find this?

9. tim

tim Member

Mine doesn't wash the top 3 inches or so on the driver side. The rest is washed pretty well.

Daniel M W likes this.
  10. AnthonyW

AnthonyW Well-Known Member

It seems to do a better job for me if I am at a complete standstill when I do the washing.

11. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread, my Driver side wiper bangs at the end of the travel outward (side of the windshield, when the wiper is returning down). Does anyone else have this problem?

Daniel M W likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Based on my experience, you need a warranty fix for this as it should not happen.
    I accidentally moved the wipers when waxing the car and somehow got them parked backwards as to which one is supposed to be on top. The car automatically knew they were out of sync and to my amazement moved one by itself and then resynced them. So it appears to me that the car can sense where the wipers are as opposed to the old mechanical adjustments. Wow!

Vezz66, Johnhaydev and Akinto like this.
  14. DaHo

DaHo New Member

Did you get this resolved? Ours does the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

NOTLdriver likes this.
  15. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

Haven't used my wipers since but will check it out when I get my HV range and PDI plugs installed . It seems like a very aggressive wiper lol.

16. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

By rotating liver you can adjust speed of wiper

17. Eric1978a

Eric1978a New Member

The bottom of my wipers shake/jiggle/chatter/squeek as they move across the windshield. Doesn't seem normal to me, and I'm going to have them checked out tomorrow. Here's a video, what do you guys think?

18. KentuckyKen

Probably too much friction due to not enough water on windshield in very light rain. Adding RainX to wiper fluid will help and treating the windshield with RainX will definitely make it go away. I do both and at speeds above 35, I hardly have to use my wipers as the rain beads up and flies off. I only have to treat the windshield every few months (wipe on and buff off).

19. Jaketesla

Jaketesla Member

Ken, you must have shares in RainX! ... just kidding :)

KentuckyKen likes this.
  20. KentuckyKen

I’d shill for them more if they would pay me!
    I started treating my windshield with silane I used in the lab I retired from where we used it to keep gels from sticking to glass. Tried on the car and went Wow! I became the RainX huckster when the silane ran out.

LegoZ likes this.
  21. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I first used Rain-X some 40 years ago, but have been too lazy to get it since. KentuckyKen's mentioned adding it to the washer fluid numerous times and I didn't know it could be used that way. Upon closer investigation, Rain-X makes a separate product meant to be added to the washer fluid.

With the Clarity's semi-effective wiper-mounted washer nozzles and the small size of the washer tank, I'll likely become a Rain-X customer again. KentuckyKen, is there a code I should enter when I order so you get full credit?

22. tim

tim Member

A slightly different question. I find that the top of my driver side windshield doesn't get any fluid sprayed on it. Instead, when the wiper is horizontal initially, the fluid gets squirted at an angle that is slightly off by a few degrees. That caused the fluid to be squirted to the right side of the car instead of onto the windshield glass. Is there a simple adjustment that I can make, or is this something that I need the dealer to fix?

23. SkipperT

SkipperT Member

I don't think that is the way the fluid is designed to be sprayed.

If you watch carefully as you hold the stalk in the "wash" position (while parked probably...) you will notice that it does NOT spray the windshield, but instead gets aimed at the wiper blade itself. This is probably why it appears to be coming only from the RH side of the car.

Regarding adjustment: not sure, anyone have a service manual?

-Skip