Price paid, plus dealer info

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JKroll, Feb 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Atkinson

Atkinson Active Member

NJ seems to be the car pricing capital of the world.
    Boston has some good deals here and there, but based on what I've read, NJ has the best.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Well, if you are a Costco member, use 08540 and get pricing from Hamilton Honda. I bought mine a week ago for $29300 plus tags/title. This already included their protection package of trunk tray, wheel locks and mud guards. I also got 0.9 for 5 years. Costco also gives you a 50% coupon on accessories (up to $200 off for executive, 100 for regular memberships) so got the all-weather mats for under $80.

I also got 29,300 but have to add $200 for nitro fill, from DCH Academy Honda. This was their e-price - no Costco needed.

Breezy likes this.
  4. Clarity850

Clarity850 New Member

Before Tax and registration fee, doc fee, etc.

5. $200 for nitrogen in the tires, damn dealerships know how to gouge.

6. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

Open Road Honda wanted $1800 of dealer added crap. Fabric protection, window etching, clear coat protection and who knows what else. Only thing technically useful were wheel locks. Their price including these however was still 29,300 before taxes/tags/title - Another Costco price. Their doc fees were 600 though.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jdubc

jdubc New Member

SoCal lease : $1,000 drive off , $295 + tax /monthly

9. Breezy

Breezy Member

We've been away so haven't yet made a decision on dealers (NJ/PA area). As mentioned, Planet Honda gave a way lower quote than anyone else via Truecar. That said, it's been difficult to figure out all the dealer's prices (what is included in their quote, for instance). Most of their emails don't work--they send me automated emails asking if I'm still looking for a car and ignore the email I sent to clarify their pricing (this happened with several dealers). Anyone else have this problem...and have a workaround to actually be able to reply to dealer emails and get a response?

10. Jwbj

Jwbj New Member

Call them. Dealers in our area have an on line sales person that will talk pricing.

11. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

There's 1500 dealer cash but apparently only in ZEV states, which PA is not. So you'll get higher prices there. If you don't have a Costco membership, consider one. Even the basic one at $65 will give you a 50% coupon up to $100 discount which more than covers the cost, besides a good no hassle price. And Costco will give you a full refund at any time if you are not happy with your membership.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. weave

weave Active Member

Ha. 248 replies and this is the first time I've opened this thread -- and I won't read any responses either.

I just don't want to know if I overpaid. I'm happy with the car and that's all that matters.

Although one thing I noticed after leaving the dealership was that I asked for a trunk mat, which I got, but I looked all over my paperwork later and didn't see where I was ever charged for them. I called the dealership a week later and was told the sales rep I had *AND* the finance manager no longer work there. So now I'm paranoid I got them both fired, although it's probably a coincidence. I mean, that'd be a ridiculous thing to get fired over. Worst case management would deduct the wholesale cost out of their commissions I'd think. Right?! :confused:

14. ringf4g4plugin guy

ringf4g4plugin guy New Member

how much sales tax did you pay?

15. ringf4g4plugin guy

16. ringf4g4plugin guy

same price I paid in Fla with 6.5% sales tax

17. RoysHonda

RoysHonda New Member

Hey buddy, what exact price did you pay for your Clarity?
    My current lowest price in Florida is $31,500 plus Tax, tag, delivery

I'm debating on buying from Hamilton Honda, and paying the $29,200, plus similar fees and Florida 6% sales tax, and then just paying the $899 transport fee to Florida. I will try and negotiate some more with the Florida Dealer and see how close he can get.

18. For a Base or a Touring?

19. ringf4g4plugin guy

not sure my reply ended where i intended. my touring 2018 model was $37400 with everything included. i had a tag and they took care of retitle , etc.

20. We got a base model for $33,320 plus about $600 in taxes and registration in Beaverton, Oregon.

We're really pleased with the car so far!

21. profb

profb New Member

where in Florida are you getting that price? what kind of fees are they tacking on? everyone I talk to is adding on ridiculous amounts of fees.

How would that work with Hamilton? are they giving that $29,200 to anyone?

22. profb

profb New Member

And is that $29,200 the OTD price?

23. profb

profb New Member

where was this? that's a great price