Clarity Speaker Quality

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by VTSAX, Feb 21, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

Yes, you have to live with Power seats in the Touring, Homelink and XM Radio in the Base, and being to pick up a car on the lot vs. waiting 6 months!

KentuckyKen likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Cash Traylor

Cash Traylor Well-Known Member

Agreed "Eh!?!"

Any Canadian participants able to confirm or deny? I would actually love photos of the "factory" sub to see what they did as it may help with a retrofit or maybe there are some wire harnesses hidden somewhere? Anyway, just curious.

Cheers,

Cash

4. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

The stock system does sound pretty good but to doesn't go low enough for me to believe there is a sub larger than 6 inches. Maybe its similar to the one in the 2015 CRV under the passenger seat which was useless. I compared it to the CRV 330 watt system and the Clarity has a cleaner sound and very similar bass. For 8 speakers it does push out a great amount of mid- low bass at VOL 10-13 with attached android auto/carplay.

5. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

Really? A lot of negative speaker reviews. I am a musician and i think the speakers are the clearest and most balanced i have ever heard. If you like a drowning bass then i coild see adding a sub woofer. I listen to the coffee house acoustic channel and everything sounds so good and balanced. Maybe its just the eq is perfect for the sound i like. The bass is very clear and the volume level is perfect for my taste.

6. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

I too think the sound system is pretty good. I hope those searching for a new car don't reject the Clarity based on these comments. If they have concerns just get a demo ride and check out the sound system for themselves.

Eagle51 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. neal adkins

I own a chevy siverado double cab and the sound system is really great. It seems a little more dynamic in the bass especially. The clarity is a little different but fits the acoustics and quaility of the car very well. I am very pleased with it.

9. amy2421

amy2421 Active Member

My Hyundai Sonata has a great sound system (I think it's called "Infinity" sound or something like that.) Test drove the Kia Optima in the top package and the Clarity Touring. Neither had a sound system as good as the Sonata, but the Clarity was definitely better than the Optima.

Daniel M W likes this.
  10. weave

weave Active Member

Interesting. Well as a musician you probably like your music pretty pure too. From what audiophiles tell me, people think Bose speakers sound great but they have unnatural equalization done to them.

Bottom line though, it's what you like hearing that counts.

As for me, I went to too many rock concerts in the 70s and 80s, so my high frequency hearing is shot and the tinnitus messes up a lot of the mid frequencies. :-(

capt3450, Eagle51 and KentuckyKen like this.
  11. rickyrsx

rickyrsx Active Member

I'm not much of an audiophile but the sound systems sounds pretty good to me as well.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. nvn

nvn New Member

Do you mind share your EQ settings? I listened mostly to the Top 100 on Pandora.

14. neal adkins

I checked and all eq's are set at mid range.

Johnhaydev likes this.
  15. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

I listen to NPR and with no ICE drowning it out I can hear it great with the sound system. I stream music through Amazon and that comes through fine as well. Don't know what all the complaints are about.

Johnhaydev likes this.
  16. jeff10236

jeff10236 Member

So, looking at these reports, the sound system is either great or pretty mediocre, for an average of good. Hmm, I actually am on neither extreme and I'd put it at good. Are there better sound systems in some cars, most definitely. Are there worse, also most definitely. I'd say it is slightly better than average, though at the price point some people may expect more. It would be nice if the Touring had a premium audio package, that may have been enough to put it over the top for me (I bought the Base, but considered the Touring for the leather seats, leather wrapped steering wheel, and power seats). It is good enough so I doubt I'm going to put in new speakers.

17. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

I agree if only it had a sub to fill out the real lows. Otherwise mid bass and tweets are good .

18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The AM radio reception sucks (I'm probably the only poster who's even tried the AM radio, right?). I complained, but my dealer said there's nothing they can do to make our local sports station 10 miles away come in clearly.

Interestingly, I can use a tiny transistor radio inside our Clarity to pull in that station clearly with no RFI from the electric power systems. When I try that in my gen 1 Insight, it sounds like I'm deep within the Krell power-generators that occupy the entire interior of Altair 4, the planet in Forbidden Planet (my first and still favorite science-fiction movie--it's a take-off on Shakespeare's Tempest).

Daniel M W and KentuckyKen like this.
  19. JCEV

JCEV Active Member

I agree reception is not good even for FM. First thing I noticed coming from the Lexus RX.

20. altfuelcarguy

altfuelcarguy Member

The window sticker on the fuel cell version states it has a premium audio system with 12 speakers including subwoofer. I've been very pleased with the sound, but like some other posters I like a clean, natural, acoustic sound. I play mostly classical and podcasts. The few times I've cranked up some rock I've been astonished at the bass. But if there's a subwoofer I sure don't know where it is.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Inside EVs mobile app

Johnhaydev likes this.
  21. Carro con enchufe

Carro con enchufe Active Member

I finally heard the weakness in the system. I streamed Sail by AWOLNation and the bass was terrible. But that’s they only song that I’ve heard an issue with.

22. lorem101

lorem101 Member

I think my speakers sound a bit better now after a month. Maybe they break in with use?

There are definitely issues with playing loud music. When I put the volume at 14-20 it sounds much worse compared to 7-12 levels. The tweeters sound shrill and the mids get muddled.

23. Lucien Mcleod

Lucien Mcleod Member

I added a few months back
    A kicker 12 inch sub
    Jl audio c1 all interior speakers
    A Kicker cca600.1 amp
    Jl audio sound processor
    JL audio oem integration
    Problem solved amazing “Clarity” and Bass
    Boom

Attached Files:

joseph devocht and lorem101 like this.