An end to the warning light show at hand!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by KenG, Jul 13, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KenG

KenG Member

Over on the other Clarity PHEV FORUM... word has come that someone got a brand new software update today to correct the frequently troublesome Triple Light show on our Clarities!!...more info to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Carro con enchufe likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

What’s the other Clarity forum?

4. djohan621

djohan621 Member

KenG refer to Facebook forum for PHEV owner, someone mentioned new software update from 7/10/2018.

KenG likes this.
  5. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Triple light show?

6. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

This is something that has never happened to our Clarity. I wonder why?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

What is the 'triple light show'?

9. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

10. NJClarity

NJClarity Member

Just had it applied today. Hopefully, no more issues. Takes about 30 minutes. Also had the correction for the hybrid mileage reading fixed. Not so sure about that one. On a full tank, was saying 314 of hybrid range (which seems about right) before the fix. Now it says 355 miles which seems a little high.

KenG likes this.
  11. KenG

KenG Member

It makes sense that the miles went up if you went out and did a bit of mild hv driving.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. KenG

KenG Member

Looks like this is it... IMG_0562.JPG

14. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Well, I just got my car's software updated today. I wonder if it is the same version of software.

15. NJClarity

NJClarity Member

Before the update, my EV range was consistently showing 56 to 57 miles. After the first charge with the update, it is 45 miles (closer to the advertised). In another thread it talks about Tesla recommending that the battery only be charged to 80% of capacity. Wonder if the update is forcing that to help preserve battery life as well as getting rid of the error messages? Math seems to make sense.

16. Ken7

Ken7 Active Member

I had mentioned this same observation in another thread, although our drop was not as severe as yours. Yesterday we showed about 56, so we are getting close to where we were pre-firmware update for the HV range issue.

Johnhaydev likes this.
  17. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

No, this is not changing the SoC limits of the battery, the car already only uses 20 Ah of 27 Ah available, so it only uses 74% of the battery. We don't know how high it charges, but it is probably like 10 to 85% SoC approximately.

What you are seeing is the software reset the history based on your driving style so it has to average over time (give it 1 or 2 charges). They program in default values for those numbers and they adjust from there. After the update my HV range estimate is now back to 60 miles or so.

KentuckyKen likes this.