About that free month of FSD...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Kerbe, May 7, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Just wondering - has anyone else not received it? My 2023 M3 RWD is running 2024.8.9...

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Updated last night (5/10) from 2024.8.9 to 2024.14.6 - got the FSD trial this morning (5/11).

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Did Tesla remove the FSD steering-wheel nag that prevents "drivers" from napping in the rear seat?

5. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

First, I've never heard of such a thing - nor have I been able to find any record of discussion about it and, second, I tend to drive actively so don't - as a rule - receive nags. Plus my first drive using FSD was only 120 miles, most of it spend on a nearly straight interstate highway, and I had two passengers so wasn't about to start experimenting... I do know, though, that regular basic AutoPilot will send a warning if you lean too far out of the driver's seat or turn your head away from forward for more than a few seconds.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Some claim from a Tweet that the next version will remove it. I suspect that will be the case because the NHTSA asked for how many times it has been used. So take it away and let the NHTSA ask for what no longer exists.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

I read about the demise of the steering-wheel nag on the Elektrek website, and have seen it mentioned elsewhere, too.

9. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Your message was about drivers napping in the REAR seat - there's no "nag" about that... The "nag" that they're said to be dropping is about holding the steering wheel when the driver camera sees you looking at the road.

10. insightman

Oh, I got confused after seeing how this Ford truck driver got around the steering wheel nag in his F450. I now realize a Tesla is always watching the driver, so the steering wheel nag isn't really required.

upload_2024-5-14_1-38-48.png

Kerbe likes this.
  11. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Many (if not most) of Mississippi's highways are arrow-straight and my Tesla will nag me to keep my hands on the wheel because it's not receiving any variation in resistance: If I'm not changing direction and my hands are just hanging there it stops sensing them!

12. To remove this ad click here.