2 Year Service

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Teddydogno1, Feb 6, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

Our MINI hit the 2 year mark in November and I didn't get the car in until mid January for the scheduled service. They did the brake service and inspection and also a recall for the battery cover that I had never even been notified about. While it was there, they also replaced the battery in my key fob as a routine part of the service. Would have been nice if they told me that so I could bring in both of them!

I brought the car in at 7:20 AM on Monday and they were done with it around 9 am (while I waited...they are about 45 minutes away).

Rob

Puppethead likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

Just had my car in for the 2 year service. They left two brand new key fob batteries in the cupholder when I picked it up.

4. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

But today BMW/mini SE is not so generous like years ago BMW I3 2 years maintenance replaced wipers also.Was nice they replaced fob battery but not in my case.But the dealer wash my SE .

5. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

How serious is this 2-year maintenance? Closest Mini dealer to me is 3 hours away (and not an easy drive with SE limited range and charging options), so I'm not keen on making that trip unless I really need to.

6. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    It's up to you. I have a growing list of things I'd like looked at, and I'll want to get new wipers by then. If your service technician really goes down the MINI-mandated checklist, it's like a guarantee that everything is as it should be. Other than the inspection and brake fluid change, the rest is fluff. Then again, my 30-year-old Crapolla never got a brake fluid change, and the pedal remained firm. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. methorian

Yea, I had it in for service, speaker replacement, and recall which was a whole day trip situation. I know my i3 had the same brake fluid at 2 year mark thing and I just don't understand why.

The only other issue I continue to have is at least one of the speakers is cracking with spoken word (podcasts/audiobooks/phone calls). They replaced one at that last service, but it's happening again (though it seems a different speaker/s), and fairly annoying since I listen to a lot of audiobooks.

9. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

I need to take mine back in again for the "charge socket flap open" false message. They replaced the whole assembly once about a year ago. Afraid this is going to be a chronic issue.

Mine should have a new set of wiper blades, too, but the cost of just the blades from Parts was crazy...like $60 EACH.

rob

10. methorian

DOH, I completely forgot about that - I had the flap replaced last year too, which was the main reason I made the trip for the service visit. I suspected it'd be a constant issue since it didn't seem like they'd revised the part at all.

SameGuy likes this.
  11. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I can't believe that much, $60 for a pair sounds more realistic. I had mine replaced as part of service and it actually was cheaper than buying the parts and doing it myself, at least when I had them done.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Seattle has the front set at $34.10 (for the pair), and the rear wiper at $12.95.

14. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I had all three wipers installed at my two-year service for $40. I thought it was worth it - no shopping for the correct wipers, no hassle installing them.

Puppethead and SameGuy like this.