US Launch Event

Discussion in 'Countryman EV' started by Puppethead, Apr 11, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I just got an invite to a launch event at my dealer for the U25 Countryman on May 5th.

upload_2024-4-11_10-49-16.png
    The Countryman has never suited me personally, but it would be a chance to see the new interior materials and infotainment system.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I got an invite for next week for the U25 ICE - not going because it's during the weekday.

4. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

5. Puppethead

I didn't think there was going to be an ICE version. Maybe it's the same for me? I took the "next-gen tech" language to mean EV, but maybe that's my bias.

Going to the link @Qisl provided sure enough there are ICE variants at the bottom of the page, and they're available this spring as opposed to fall for the EV.

6. teslarati97

The base 3 cylinder U25 Countryman C is not coming stateside, but the ICE Countryman S and JCW will be available for sure.

Regardless of powertrain, it would be nice to see the interior in person!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I plan to attend a local event during the first week of May. The new Countryman (SE) may be too big to suit my tastes but it could satisfy household needs - recently retired and now a grandparent.

9. Puppethead

I'm keenly awaiting the Aceman, which is the replacement for the Clubman. Problem with the Aceman is it's on the J01 platform and made in China currently, so like the new Cooper it won't be coming to the US anytime soon.

10. Puppethead

I've decided to attend, I guess I like all things MINI to just ignore :). And as I noted, it'll be a good opportunity to see the new interior design components.

11. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

goaheadbackup likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Of course, the moonroof on the J01 does not open. That's a bummer for me because I frequently open the moonroof on my SE during the warmer months and appreciate the clever design carried over with the rest of the thoughtful features of the F56. I hope my SE lasts forever.

14. teslarati97

I feel like this whole glass roof thing is just an excuse to save space like they do in hotels.

hotelwall.jpg

Qisl and insightman like this.
  15. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

16. OneEV

OneEV Member Subscriber

Glass install more expensive than simply stamping the roof. 4000 passengers through my ID 4 this year and one of the first things they say is they love the massive glass roof.

btw..great looking Hotel room

17. xd366

xd366 New Member

The dealership told me that the U25 going on tour is an ICE model not an SE

18. teslarati97

Well some say it looks better in person. That plastic trim is going to be a pain to keep clean...I never realized there were more textures!

countryman2a.jpg countryman3c.jpg