Vehicle status not updating

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SameGuy, Mar 11, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Yes. The app reflects last charge but no change in percentage or estimated range.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I still get notifications when the charge is started and completed, but it is stuck on 100% in the app. I really like the idea behind the new charging statistics page. However, I park my MINI in a steel building each night and unless I keep the garage door open, it does not update the charging details in the app. I wish that the car would store all pertinent data and upload it when it gets within cell range. In my case the charging statistics data is always incomplete, so it is really useless.

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Yep this new bug is annoying. How do we file bug reports?

5. Probably the most effective way to get some attention is to write a polite and detailed review. If you keep it framed in such a way that you are happy with the application, but here are a few annoying bugs... I will try to post one when I have some time later today.

6. Rogwp

Rogwp Active Member Subscriber

I have a similar problem that occurred yesterday. I plugged Basil in for his breakfast and got an immediate notification of charging commencing on the iPhone, but when I checked the app it said “your MINI is not plugged in” and showed the starting %. I checked the car and it is charging!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I have the same issue, must be an app bug. Drove to work and it still shows 100% SoC when really it's at 70% SoC. Note it's showing "update from vehicle" time of when I arrived at work, but showing my departure SoC.

9. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

I am also experiencing this problem. Status time stamps are updating in the app (correlating to actual car events, like driving and charging start/stop), but SoC value hasn't updated since Friday.

10. Puppethead

I just did a remote unlock and saw from my window the car unlock, and "updated from vehicle" shows the new time, but SoC still not updated. I expect an app update will be imminent...

11. Racejoe

Racejoe Member

I am having the same issue, no update in SoC since Friday.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I'm not wild about the fact that they keep changing which information is displayed and where it's displayed. Are they just making changes for the sake of change?

14. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don't make my mistake of logging out the app, thinking that might solve the issue. Now I can't get back in, the password reset doesn't work, and endless hold on the phone line..

15. Rogwp

That’s strange because that is exactly what I did yesterday and it worked, but didn’t solve the problem.
    Funny thing was that all the units had defaulted to UK values. I did notice a new Digital ID feature though (that doesn’t work for us!).

16. Puppethead

It looks like the battery status is one trip behind. After my commute home my SE is at 39% SoC, but the app is showing 70% SoC which is what I was at when I got to work in the morning.

17. MichaelC

Most likely updates to support the newer models, which will inevitably cause backwards-compatibility problems.

18. Rogwp

You were right, app has updated - back to normal!

MichaelC likes this.
  19. MichaelC

Same! My SE's SoC is now correct on the app. :cool:

insightman likes this.
  20. CuriousGeorge

Not on this end. SOC now reported correctly, but history excludes most recent session.

Details: I changed overnight to 100%. Since the prior version of the app was locked at that value, the SOC didn't change, but the status was updated correctly when the session ended during the night. However, the history still lists the prior charging session as most recent. Last night's charging does show up under Charging Plan, but that doesn't tell you the total energy or duration (or, sadly still, odometer reading), only the start and stop SOC and times.

21. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Yup, this has happened several times. I keep a spreadsheet of my charges (of course I do), and having the miles missing is very aggravating,

22. CuriousGeorge

Me too. Now I'm in the habit of noting the mileage and recording it immediately every time I plug in.

23. Rogwp

This is strange! I did practically the same, car charged overnight with the locked SOC, and then when the SOC was fixed the full charging history was there.

Edit to add: Both start and finish charging occurred during the “broken” SOC. The app said that the car was not connected the whole time, but I did receive messages to my phone’s Lock Screen that charging had started and again when charging had stopped.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
    SameGuy likes this.