Four Year Service Required

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Puppethead, Apr 3, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My SE is now requiring service (as of April 1). I knew the interval of "2024/04" was coming up, but the warnings for brake fluid and vehicle check were the very first thing I saw when I got into the SE in the morning. The app actually shows the same info, as well as the cabin filter needing to be changed. No noticeable way to clear the warnings from the car.

Fortunately for me it's time to get my summer tires put on, so the timing works out for a trip to the dealer. Time for new wiper blades too.

se_service_required.jpg se_brake_fluid.jpg se_vehicle_check.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Normally you would press the BC button on the left stalk and cycle through the trip meter until it's blank. Press and hold the BC and trip reset (back left of gauge in 10 o'clock position?) and reset the items to you liking.

At this rate the dealer can do it for you if they are mounting your summer tires...hope they don't charge you extra!

4. Puppethead

I used to use the BC method on the Rxx generation of MINIs I've owned, but didn't think about that with the fancy user interface in the Fxx generation.

I bring my car in to the dealer for service, so I don't want to just clear the code. I figure I want my MINI dealer to stay in business so I'm willing to get some service through them since the SE's maintenance needs are negligible compared to what I've paid on my ICE MINIs.

Pennyworth and insightman like this.
  5. Puppethead

Météore is a happy SE once again and ready for summer driving. It's not a bad thing to have a "wellness" checkup every couple years and there were no issues found.

Some notes from my dealer visit:
    • My MINI dealership is in the midst of a major interior remodel, not sure if others around the US are undergoing similar.
    • It was mentioned to me that sales are really strong right now, and they had three SEs parked right in front on display and a full lot of various MINI models.
    • No F66s (ICE version of the J01) have shown up yet, nor the U25 Countryman. But I was told new 2024 F56s can't be ordered anymore, so must be in the midst of the annual factory switchover.
    • The service people were asking me about J01 news, since they figured I knew more from hanging out on forums. :D:D

MichaelC likes this.
  6. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Yes, my dealership is almost finished with the remodel. They've had to change almost everything, even the tiny (and expensive) details like painting the ceiling. Later this spring, our Mini group will celebrate the remodel with a party and a car show. It's funny that I've been going to this dealership since they opened (twelve years ago?), and there have been several staff changes. Every time I go there, there's someone new.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Ours too. They've been closed since December maybe? They were supposed to reopen by now, but I haven't stopped by to see how things are going. I was planning to drop by sometime and see the new Countryman once they get one in.

9. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

I've been going to cars.com to see the current inventory of new SEs. About a month ago it was 450. The current count is down to 346.