Slight Battery Drain

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Stephen Graff, Apr 1, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Stephen Graff

Stephen Graff New Member

I have a 2021 mini cooper se. I left it parked in front of my house for 3 days and drove our other car. When we returned from vacation, the SE battery had lost 1% of its charge. It had been raining pretty heavily. Not sure if unlocking and starting car could have drawn slightly from battery. Is this something of concern?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I've left my SE parked for over a week (in a garage) with no battery drain. If it was cold/hot enough perhaps your 1% was used for battery conditioning, or perhaps you have an automatic climatization departure time enabled?

4. Stephen Graff

Stephen Graff New Member

Thanks for responding. Temps here are in upper 40s. I don't use any of the scheduling options, so I don't think it could be that.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

A 1% loss shouldn't be of any concern. It is possible that your battery was sitting just above the 1% boundary when you parked. Measuring the state-of-charge in a battery is more complicated than determining the amount of gas in a tank. Some on this forum have reported occassionally seeing 99% after charging is halted.

Perhaps if you had parked 25 yards further down the street, the state-of-charge would have been 1% lower when you got out of your MINI and remained at that level until you returned from vacation.

carrrl, SameGuy and Puppethead like this.
  6. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Zero concern. Ive left my car for 13 days once and lost 2% according to the SOC. All EVs have some drain sitting there.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Most of the vampire drain from EVs are from the 24/7 security cameras, proximity sensors, and telematic services. Overall I'd rate the SE high voltage battery drain as no concern.

I haven't played around with the hidden service menu (hold trip reset for 10 seconds), but I think you can see the state of battery health just like the i3 does.

9. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

insightman and SameGuy like this.