Tesla Insurance - Help!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by chrislayhe, Mar 31, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. chrislayhe

chrislayhe New Member

We've had Tesla Insurance for about 2 years - for our new Tesla and for my porsche Cayenne and Panamera - and they have been terrific, if mostly over the internet... UNTIL we had a catastrophe 8 weeks ago, a massive pine in our garden fell down on top of all 3 cars and our garage. All were badly damaged and undriveable. I contacted Tesla Insurance the same day and tried to speak to someone with no luck, and sent in the crash forms and photos for all 3 the next day.
    A few days later I was assigned a adjuster and got an email from him asking for an estimate from the approved body shop. I sent back a few questions by email and text and got no replies despite continuing to ask. 2 weeks later I had an email from another adjuster, Jasmine Johnson, saying she had taken over the case and asked the the same questions. By then I had got estimates on the vehicle and these were sent in. I asked some questions but no replies... and no rental cars either! As before no answer to calls (always answering machine), emails or texts, and the repair shop was getting pissed because they had sent in estimates several times and got no response.
    I managed to get a live person on the new claim line, who said I should break it into one new claim per vehicle and email a different group to get a rental. Good advice, they sorted out a rental for 20 days, and I got 2 new claim adjusters as well as my current one, Hope Brook and Rusty Powell. These guys have answered some of my questions by email (nobody ever answers a phone call to give answers) but 8 weeks after putting in my claim none of the 3 estimates have been approved, and only 1 even shows up on the Tesla site claims tasks as having found a repair facility. This is a truly terrible response in every way, and I'm looking at another 2 months to get the parts and have the repair work done WHEN the estimates are approved - and nobody I can speak to about the problems.
    My question is simple, has anyone found a way to get to speak to someone live who can help, or an email or text address that someone will respond to? [email protected]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. Nothing I can offer except sympathy but do keep us apprised of your situation!

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Send your experience to your State insurance office and "cc" your current contact.

In 1990, my wife suffered a back injury that required hospitalization. But three month earlier, I left GE to join Boeing. Given Boeing's 'pre-existing condition' exception, I paid for COBRA to extend coverage. At one time, I had a hospital billing for over $20,000 and rejection letters from both:
    • GE claimed she was covered by another insurance plan
    • Boeing claimed hers was a pre-existing condition
    I made four sets of documents with "cc" for everyone and addressed to:
    • GE insurance contact
    • Boeing insurance contact
    • Alabama insurance oversight office (delayed sending)
    My letter suggested we have a joint conference call since I had been paying both Boeing and GE COBRA payments and attached their refusal letters. Within a week, her hospital and doctor's bills were covered. Not mentioned, I was prepared to take a set to a local "land shark."

Bob Wilson

Robin_in_CA likes this.
  5. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Does your state have an insurance commissioner? If so, I would contact them to see if they can help.