Don Lemon 'interview' of Musk

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Mar 19, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Recently there has been a lot of reporting on the Don Lemon vs Elon Musk interview. I have yet to find the full, raw interview. However, the snippets in the articles were badly edited to show Musk in the reviewer's worst light. But it had no effect on me.

The most common assertion is 'Musk takes drugs' but that has been known for a long time. He takes prescribed Ketamine. We know he has frequent drug tests to satisfy FAA and DoD requirements and passes them all. So the hostile reviewers come across as 'EEK EEK Karens' with an ax to grind.

I understand personality conflicts. There are people we meet and instantly don't like them. This happens and doesn't bother me. But the feelings of others does not have an effect on what I've learned about Elon Musk. Having read his biography, I've refined but not changed my impression.

I posted this because of is a recent dip in TSLA stock price that has been attributed to the Lemon vs Musk interview. I didn't know there was a single reason but I enjoyed buying low.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

If you're willing to spend time on Musk's social media hellhole (I'm not) you can see the whole thing.

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

Thanks, I'm playing it and agree with Musk. Don tried to '60 Minutes' ambush Elon by making a hostile, gotcha interview. I won't need Don interviews in the future.

Overall, I've not found Twitter/X to offer useful technical content. I prefer subject focus forums. There may be a future Twitter/X that has useful, subject limited, moderated, technical forums. But today, there are none that I've have found.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  5. OneEV

OneEV Member Subscriber

Tesla drop in stock price has nothing to do with the interview and evenything to do with Tesla losing marketshare AND lowering thier profit margins by discounting thier vehicles .. along with Musk himself refusing to admit he has a sleep depravation and drug problem(IE ..acting erratic) . He has aligned himself politcally to the far right and by doing so is losing potentially tens of millions of Americans (as well as other middle of the road politally speaking) peoples. In the same manner as those to the far left lose potential supporters (think BLM for example.. Blck Lives matters had a lot of very valifd compaints and could have had middle of the road and even to the right supporting them but blm instead went extreme supporting criminals and repreations and other nonsense.. so the money stops flowing in .same with musk..it's ONE of the reasons I wont buy a Tesla he went goofball t the right .. and I think Musk has done more than anyone else in getting EVs mainstream. I love what he has done with that and Spacex. But i'm not going to fund his far right nonsense , I'm not going to fund his pushing employees to the limit and past , to actually endagering thier lives by forcing them to work close together during Covid (I lost 2 close people to COVID) . He need to obey the laws and rules just like everyone else .

The issue is he went political instead of concentrating on work .. and when you do that you lose at least half the people .. just as my post . half agree half will disagree ..if I was trying to sell you soething instead of all you potentially being buyers..Ilost half of you .

Bruce M. likes this.
  6. bwilson4web

Not to worry, I vote with my wallet. So I buy my rides to get the lowest cost per mile. That way I have money for political donations.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. OneEV

OneEV Member Subscriber

Soyou buy Chinese BYD ? ;). I'll pay a bit more for my ride and at least attempt to maintain some actual morality. I want to do the right thing in a world that cares less and less everyday about morals

9. bwilson4web

Wasn't available March 26, 2019 when I bought my Tesla Model 3 Std Rng Plus.

Do you also get "not Musk" certifications from:
    • grocery stores
    • pharmacies
    • physicians and medical services
    • every one you buy goods and services from
    • employer(s) and customer(s)
    Musk also sells grid level battery storage and launches rockets with satellites. As for Twitter/X, I didn't use it before and after three months of the fee, there was no improvement so I dropped it. IMHO, Twitter/X before and after Musk has no value.

If you don't want to buy or own TSLA stock, there is a rich history of 'disinvestment.' But I invest in technology and there are few equal to Musk's efforts.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  10. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

Musk's politics are odious IMHO. I do not and will not do business with any company he owns or runs, period.

11. bwilson4web

I've seen similar opinions before. After WW-II, we studied and adopted many technologies by people from genocidal, war criminal, regimes. In the 60s and 70s, there were WW-II veterans who detested Japanese and German products. As recently as the late 1980s, a co-worker who hated Wernher von Braun let me know after seeing a card of him in my office. Yet Wernher von Braun led NASA to the moon and thus created her and my jobs.

Bob Wilson

12. To remove this ad click here.