Software update and Bimmer Code

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moff1959, Feb 11, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Just had my SE software updated and everything was put back to factory settings, I have used Bimmer code to change a few things however activating the rear fog lights for US spec cars means using expert mode to program.
    I have the procedure written down, but one line of code has changed in the new software update anyone have any experience with the rear fog light setting (new software) cheers.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bimmini.png

Louis W likes this.
  4. xd366

xd366 New Member

whats new with the software update? did you have to go to the dealership for it?

5. My SE is an early car dealer contacted me about a recall on the 12v battery box and a software update. I am not sure what the update was for but I lost some of the functions I had programed with Bimmer code.

6. xd366

xd366 New Member

when you get a chance can you check for the version number under

Menu -> My Mini -> System Settings -> Software Update -> Show current Version

i have a 2024 model (april 2023) and it has

TT-002.170.002
    MT-002.170.002

just want to check what the latest version is

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Yes I have 002.170.002 too. Got it updated on December 2022.

9. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

All of my programming got erased when the updated the software too. Here are my settings:

Headunit
    Checkbox acoustic pedestrian protection
    Warning at start-up: Not active
    Expert Mode:
    3005 Display PIP Info
    DIM_VARIANT: OLD​

Advanced Crash Safety Module
    Initial seat belt reminder after start: not active
    Seat belt indicator driver seat: not active
    Seat belt indicator passenger seat: not active
    Seat belt reminder driver seat: not active
    Seat belt reminder passenger seat: not active​

Body Domain Controller
    Default driving mode: Sport
    Driving mode memory: Always​

Use BMW i3 with Bimmercode
    Vehicle Sound Generator
    Remember acoustic pedestrian protection setting: active​

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My only Bimmercode tweak is to enable the AM radio tuner, so that makes factory software updates much less stressful.

However, I was bummed when my analog clock went away when the update was installed. I needed help to discover it's called a screen saver in the MINI menus. Surprisingly, the MINI Concierge didn't know how to bring it back, but they connected me to BMW, who did know how.

11. 002.174.001 is my version

xd366 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

I checked my VIN and thought I was in the clear for the battery cover, but alas I received a phone call today for the battery cover and SW update. Bummed I'll have to reprogram my rear tail lights, along with the other few little things I did along the way...

14. Post up if you have any issues reprograming with bimmer code

CoachCookie likes this.
  15. teddybare

teddybare Member

i got the battery box thing done when mine went in for the charge flap open fix ....i was soooo pleased the didn't touch the software

16. Rogwp

Rogwp Active Member Subscriber

Basil had a new gear selector, charging flap(complete) and the 3G sunset. Lost all Bimmercode settings but was able to reset all of them. Bimmercode has an update since I last used it, and I found a new feature. It is used to automatically initiate the steering wheel heater at a set temperature. It’s in 2 parts, the first part under Head Unit, which brings up a screen in MyMini and the second part under Body Domain. I can’t find it in Body Domain. Has anyone got this to work? Is it only for 2024, or perhaps expert mode?