Winter driving

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by PoweredUp, Feb 18, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Took the mini for a spin in a light snowfall. However, it was enough for the sensors to start getting covered, and after a little while the sensors started up. Right from, left rear right front, ... it would have been comical if it wasn't for the alarming sounds and the resulting headache. Luckily, I was alone in the car.

I'm not sure how to quickly silence them. I think during one occasion I randomly tapped the center screen. I'm not sure if that worked or not, or it was just coincidence. Looking at the manual, I need to navigate the menus to turn it off, something one shouldn't be doing while driving.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

You could turn down the PDC default volume? If I remember correctly it's Sound > Volume Settings > PDC.

SameGuy likes this.
  4. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

5. endquote

endquote Active Member

Pushing the leftmost toggle switch (parking) should turn it off but only until they’re triggered again.

I’ve never driven in snow but they give me false alarms occasionally too.

In BimmerCode there’s a setting to adjust sensitivity but you can’t turn it off completely.

If you adjust the main volume knob while the PDC is alarming, it will adjust the PDC volume. All the way down is still pretty loud.

PoweredUp likes this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I didn't know there was an option for disabling the warning sounds--I pull off the road at the first opportunity to wipe the snow/ice/mud off the front sensors.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. inferno10

inferno10 Member

There’s definitely a setting the system menus to disable auto activation of the parking sensors, as I did just that due to my PPF triggering parking mode at low speed. I think the setting is in vehicle settings and is called auto PDC. I just manually activate parking assist with the button or when I go into reverse.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Media > Tone > Volume Settings > PDC. It supposedly sets a ratio of the PDC tone relative to any playing entertainment audio, but I haven't found that's the case; lowering it to minimum just makes it only slightly less loud and annoying, but its amplitude does not rise or fall relative to the volume of the audio.

endquote and teslarati97 like this.
  10. teslarati97

I was too lazy to actually check the SE- same settings as my old F32, except the iDrive dial is reversed.

11. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

What is F 32 bc I thing small audience understand what you talking about as all those guys with self Parking future don’t know how to park a car without it .

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. teslarati97

2014-2020 BMW 4 Series 2 door.

bmwf32.JPG

Rexsio likes this.