MINI TAKES THE STATES

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by CuriousGeorge, Jan 6, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

http://www.minitakesthestates.com/

I saw this and wondered if it might be doable in an SE (not that I'm interested in trying it, just curious). The answer in the FAQ (copied below) seems to be "good luck with that, you're on your own". A bit disappointing in a way, but at least they addressed the question, and I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to compromise the experience of the vast majority of participants in ICE vehicles.

I wonder how much it might cost to rent a Ford 150 Lightening to act as a tender vehicle? :)

• I OWN A MINI COOPER SE BATTERY ELECTRIC VEHICLE. WILL MTTS OFFER A CHARGING SOLUTION?
      Average drive distances are 200+ miles per day and public charging opportunities along the planned route are minimal. Charging opportunities will not be built into the daily drives and will not be available at the morning Rise & Rally locations.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

I read somewhere (probably here) that a previous edition (2020?) accommodated for the BEVs a bit better.

It would be fun if a peloton of SEs took it on anyway somehow.

SameGuy likes this.
  4. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Just wait until 2030+ when MINI goes full electric. Imagine how long you have to wait in line to DC fast charge for the rally...

Maybe you can join the rally partway, but the charging infrastructure is pretty dicey!

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I looked at this with interest, since I travel to Albuquerque frequently. While MINI hasn't published the actual route, the first leg (Albuquerque to Durango) isn't unrealistic but is a bit of a challenge for the SE. If taking the direct route there seems to be minimal charging along the way, but ABRP found an alternate route that has charging options. What fun would it be to not follow the route all the other MINIs will be taking?

abqtodurango.jpg

I would consider trying to drive my SE from Minneapolis to Albuquerque, follow the route, and then return to Minneapolis from Seattle. But the whole thing seems it could take three weeks, considering MTTS is 10 days long itself. While it would be fun, my job would never approve that much away time.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  6. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I was originally supposed to take delivery of my SE in April or May 2022, then June, then the first week of July. In May I signed up for the 2022 edition, but I ended up taking delivery almost a month after the July 9th start in Burlington. Pity, that's probably the last time it will get this close. MATG was the weekend after I got my car, which was simply too soon.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

Well at least the next Canadian MINI rally will likely be east coast and MINI SE friendly!

SameGuy likes this.
  9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    My dealership sucks. Hehe

10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Maybe I should keep my eyes open for the next Mini on the Mack, Michigan is a lot closer to the Twin Cities than any of the MTTS events have been. And I think the SE has the range to make it across the bridge. ;)

MichaelC likes this.
  11. teslarati97

It might be easier to take the Lake Express to car ferry from Milwaukee, WI to Muskegon, MI than the Upper Peninsula route.

(edit: hah even ARBP agrees!)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

IMG_0286.jpeg IMG_0107.jpeg . Can we get those battery in Mini cooper SE ? Is a shame technology is there and ACE cars will despair tomorrow if we get those battery’s ! The time I own 2014 BMW I 3 that Austrian company was retrofitting I 3 for $60000 plus my car have to be shipped to Austria and they where cooperating with BMW at that time . Price was killer for me .Total price will be over $100000 and shipping

Puppethead likes this.
  14. This LION Smart demo was back in 2018 so I think it’s pretty safe to conclude that if we were going to see something in the Mini it would have happened by now. The new Mine E maybe?