Hyundai Ioniq 6 EPA range up to 361 miles!

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 6' started by Domenick, Jan 31, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. It benefits from being a sedan, sure, but Hyundai engineers also pulled a few new tricks from their sleeves when they built this to help it get great range.

Here's a breakdown of the ranges by configuration:

2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6 final EPA-estimated range and energy consumption:
    • Ioniq 6 SE RWD Long Range (18-inch wheels): 361 miles (581 km)
      140 MPGe - 241 Wh/mi (150 Wh/km)
    • Ioniq 6 SE AWD Long Range (18-inch wheels): 316 miles (508 km)
      121 MPGe - 279 Wh/mi (173 Wh/km)
    • Ioniq 6 SEL RWD (20-inch wheels): 305 miles (491 km)
      117 MPGe - 288 Wh/mi (179 Wh/km)
    • Ioniq 6 SEL AWD (20-inch wheels): 270 miles (434 km)
      103 MPGe - 327 Wh/mi (203 Wh/km)
    • Ioniq 6 Limited RWD (20-inch wheels): 305 miles (491 km)
      117 MPGe - 288 Wh/mi (179 Wh/km)
    • Ioniq 6 Limited AWD (20-inch wheels): 270 miles (434 km)
      103 MPGe - 327 Wh/mi (203 Wh/km)

insightman likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

The real question.
    How long will it take (and how much $) will it take to get into the hands of the average car buyer?
    Me thinks a long long time.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I saw Kevin Bacon driving a "360-mile range" Ioniq 6 last night on TV. So we're all just 6 degrees away from getting one.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    SameGuy and Domenick like this.
  5. I love Kevin Bacon, so I thought it was a great commercial.

6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

If you read the fine print at the bottom that was the AWD model so it's 316 miles per EPA.

electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    "EXTREMELY LIMITED AVAILABILITY" and "at select dealers in select states only" are quotes from HyundaiUSA Instagram account. I believe them!

Domenick likes this.
  9. JosephGraham

JosephGraham New Member

Still available?

10. insightman

The lucky states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington.

If you happen to live in one of those states, you then need to consider the Hyundai Dealers' Markup Guide:
    LIMITED AVAILABILITY: $10,000 dealer/market adjustment over MSRP
    EXTREMELY LIMITED AVAILABILITY: $20,000 dealer/market adjustment over MSRP

JosephGraham and teslarati97 like this.
  11. When I visit the site, I get the message "The 2023 IONIQ 6 has extremely limited inventory. Your closest Hyundai IONIQ 6 dealer is 6.4 miles away at Werner Hyundai," so I might give them a call tomorrow. They had some markup last year, I believe, but it wasn't anything like $10K. But, then again, this is an extremely limited vehicle...

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. JosephGraham

JosephGraham New Member

Ok, thanks <3

14. insightman

In this post in this forum's Prying Model 3 from my hands ... Ioniq 6 thread, @rcarter3636 linked this spreadsheet showing at least 39 (not 18) states wit dealers in those states who are expecting Ioniq 6 cars. (Note: I couldn't get the SEL page in this spreadsheet to respond, but the others worked.)

15. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

16. Does anyone have experience with Ioniq6 winter range? From freezing down to -10C. Just curious how it compares with my 2021 Kona.

17. Well, this is the first winter for the I6s. But has been so warm so far, have not seen much of a range drop yet. Cooler weather expected next week, so will see if that affects range. I suspect it may take a while for the GOM to adjust.

18. XtsKonaTrooper

XtsKonaTrooper Well-Known Member

I seen on fb , someone fm Quebec getting 411km @-6c , awd with 18" wheels.
    The person also mentioned seeing a 50km increase downsizing from 20 to 18.

19. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

The ionic 6 is a charging beast. The charging curve has to be one of the best.
    I did precondition to the charger (Electrify America) and started at 21%. Temperatures were upper 40s F. I used the 150kW and peaked at 193. Probably not all going to the battery. Dropped 163kW around 70%. Stayed above 100kW till 80% then slowly tapered off from there. Unplugged at 92% and was still pulling 64kW. Very impressive!
    Now if only CCS infrastructure could keep up!

20. That is encouraging. I usually see about 350-375km at -6 and 100kph in my Kona. Although 411km might also be possible in the kona at -6C if I was driving on slower roads.