What did you do to your MINI today?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SameGuy, Oct 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SJA

SJA Member

I have been wanting to get a pair of the Bavsound subs for under the seat. I want a little extra base that the HK system doesn't provide. Good luck with install.

SameGuy and teslarati97 like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Ghost subwoofers are installed! Will take awhile to do a write up on the installation process but there is a noticeable difference in the mid & bass for the woofers. Maybe it's twice as loud on the mid & bass? Base audio uses 4 ohm woofers (more clarity and louder at half volume) and the HK uses 2 ohm (more punch when really loud).

The Bavsound speakers weigh about 2.81lbs and the stock speakers about 1.08lbs. When I get time I'll do the door and rear speakers!

minibavsound2.jpg minibavsound1.jpg

Alf_W, MichaelC and SameGuy like this.
  4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I just realized, with temps in the low teens the past couple of days, why my windows have been fogging up – even after calling up air conditioning. Time to pull out the enet cable.

5. nowkent

nowkent New Member

15,000 miles in about 8 months and we're still loving our SE!
    15,000 mile review

MichaelC and insightman like this.
  6. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Weight distribution of the Mini SE 54:46 against the Cooper S’ 68:32 which make SE very solid like sport car on a road.

insightman likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Warming weather caused me to charge my car to 81% last night, in anticipation of driving it today and tomorrow. Cold front arrived early, however, so I chose to deplete the battery on the way home by using the seat heater, cabin heat, multiple maximal 0-35 mph accelerations, and by driving 70 mph via the interstate on the way home. The result? 29 miles covered while using only 22% of the battery, for an estimated total range of 132 miles.

Racejoe likes this.
  9. teslarati97

Ripped open the front doors and installed the coaxial speakers for Bavsound Stage One. Audio clarity is excellent and now the treble is much more clear due to the lack of tweeters for non-HK systems.

stage1door.jpg

SameGuy likes this.
  10. SameGuy

YUL
    Very cool.

Did you apply any acoustic damping material ("Dynamat")?

11. teslarati97

I didn't put any damping material on. The door speakers are already mounted to a plastic housing and I haven't noticed any rattling yet. Next I have to remove the rear passenger seats to get to the rear speakers.

SameGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. endquote

endquote Active Member

insightman and MichaelC like this.
  14. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Playing with my OBD2 App. 15503km. 50% soc roughly and cold battery. 98% SOC which is about inline with what I expected. Tbh I was thinking about 90-92%

Attached Files:

teslarati97, endquote and insightman like this.
  15. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Which app? Or by "my ODB2 App" do you mean you wrote your own? :)

Rexsio likes this.
  16. Puppethead

What's the battery life like? It looks pretty interesting, have you tried charging it from the SE's USB-C port? And have you tried it on pet fur by chance?

17. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Car scanner pro

Puppethead and teslarati97 like this.
  18. SameGuy

YUL
    Huh. I've had that for a couple of years to check and clear codes on our older cars, and never bothered to try it on the SE!

19. endquote

endquote Active Member

I was able to do the whole interior on one charge, but just barely. The whole reason was to tackle the pet fur before putting the floormats in.

I've not tried charging it from the car, but generally I use USB-C adapter from the 12v port which seems to do better than the existing USB-C port.

I went hard on the other HOTO products, got the washer and power tools and such too.

Puppethead likes this.
  20. teslarati97

Well at least you can share the batteries? I just got the IK e Multi Pro 12 to spray rinseless wash solution...but another unitasker battery.

21. Puppethead

Winter is finally arriving, so I swapped out my floor mats with my floor liners and put my snow broom in the boot.

SameGuy, insightman and MichaelC like this.
  22. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

As of Saturday Jan7 it’s been 693 days since the Big Apple picked up at least an inch of snow in a single calendar day and I’m not buying winter tires anymore as I own them for past 20 years on all my cars . SE I drive on summer tires on snow less NY streets . In MN I know you enjoy Hakkapeliittas .About 6 years ago just getting older to help me to clean a snow I purchase that “BABY” I used 6 times and since I change an oil only to keep in shape /dusted is useless equipment in NY .Is brand new ready for sale .Have to add is not EV but electric starter. IMG_1296.jpeg

23. teslarati97

Hope everyone is staying warm! Our hearts go out to the poor Iconic SE and the other 15 vehicles. :(

Fortunately it's not rogwp's Basil, because he has energetic yellow mirror caps and loop spoke rims for winter versus the 16" revolites.

miniwinter2.gif

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    Rogwp likes this.