TuxMat now available

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by PoweredUp, Aug 10, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

Curious if anyone has the back-seat ones and how you've clipped them in. For me the edge that goes under one's knees is just hanging there unclipped. It's not really a problem since the rear seat protector overlaps it but it seems like I'm missing something here.

4. SameGuy

YUL
    Doesn't it come with clips?

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

6. endquote

endquote Active Member

There are lots of clips, but nothing really to clip to at that under-knee edge.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    If you pop off the rear seat bench, you can't clip it to the carpet? I'm asking because I don't know. Basically, I've never looked closely enough at the backseat area, nor have I paid attention to it while watching any of the car audio installation videos. Of course, then it becomes a pain to remove the mat for cleaning, which didn't really occur to me because I've had two people in the backseat area in 17 months, both on test drives during my first week of ownership.

9. SameGuy

YUL
    I think they can't guarantee the fit on regular Cooper three door hatchbacks because perhaps they only did the laser measurements on an SE. Seems logical enough.

10. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Removing the backseats is just a total pain in the rear end. Actually, it's mostly getting the cover off blocking the bolts WITHOUT breaking the plastic cover (#5 in the figure). Also helps if you are skinny enough so you don't have to remove the front seats. The bumrest portion is a 30 second pop off...at least that's something!
    minibracket.JPG

11. SameGuy

YUL
    Every audio installation video I've seen, the person doing the work has snapped that little plastic cover in two. Lol oops

SE_PDX likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. teslarati97

That's because you have to unclip the front sides (the ones with the holes) with a curved pry tool. I even scratched mine up but I got it out in one piece. Most people try to pry from the trunk side and break it.

clip.JPG

SameGuy likes this.
  14. SameGuy

YUL
    Looks like part of my profit-sharing payout is going towards that Stage 1 kit lmao

teslarati97 likes this.
  15. endquote

endquote Active Member

I don’t think I’m up for taking the car apart for this… it clips ok in the corners, it’s just that top edge that’s free. But the edge is covered by the additional seat cover.

[​IMG]

SameGuy likes this.
  16. teslarati97

Does the Tuxmat come with velcro attachments in addition to the clip-underneath-hardplastic-trim pieces?

SameGuy likes this.
  17. SameGuy

YUL
    Maybe I'm easily impressed, but the SuperTrunk mat (system) is really nice!

IMG_2503.jpeg IMG_2504.jpeg IMG_2505.jpeg

Rogwp, PoweredUp and teslarati97 like this.
  18. teslarati97

Wow. That's some pretty quick shipping if you ordered on Thursday.

SameGuy likes this.
  19. endquote

endquote Active Member

Yes, I’d overlooked them before. One half is the clip and hooks, the other is the adhesive and loops. The clip/hook half can attach to the mat and stick to the carpeting. Seems ok.

teslarati97 likes this.
  20. SameGuy

YUL
    Toronto to Montreal by FedEx Ground. Canada Post is almost as quick. ;)

teslarati97 likes this.
  21. teslarati97

Canada Post takes it easy on long weekends and has to hitch cargo rides from Air Canada and WestJet unlike FedEx.

22. SameGuy

YUL
    Lucky it wasn't a weekend then, I received something on Thursday from a couple of time zones away, it took just 36 hours!

teslarati97 likes this.