Virginia EV rebate

Discussion in 'General' started by ssmini, Dec 18, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ssmini

ssmini New Member

Appreciate if any members from Virginia that successfully got the $2,500 rebate can chime in on how they applied for the rebate. Been over an year since I got my MINI so I may have forfeited the rebate by now.

The dealership has not been able to help me. Even when they have it listed on their website. Over the last year I have made several attempts to get information from them and they keep telling me that they do not know anything about it and to contact my tax advisor.

The rebate is mentioned in § 45.2-1728 on https://law.lis.virginia.gov/. But I cannot find information on how to apply for it. I have made a few attempts over the year to contact Virginia government through their Contact Us page but have not gotten a response.

Would like to hear others experiences and what you had to do to get the rebate.

Thx.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. dGarry48

dGarry48 Member

Never heard of this before. Hope someone could enlighten us.

4. ClarityRVA

ClarityRVA New Member

I’ve looked into this myself, and from what I’ve gathered is the legislation is there but there’s zero funding for it. So essentially the ATM is empty even though the bank is open.

5. dbmamaz

dbmamaz New Member

Yes, googled just now (I bought an EV in VA last week) and it looks like Younkin's administration is unlikely to ever fund the rebate program.