How to fix curb rash?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by azausa, Nov 27, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

The wheels on SE not powder coat they are paint in order to powder coat a wheel you have to Streep a wheel chemically and do a powder coat different process

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I’m going to show a pictures what I did and my jack points permanently installed in a car to prevent a dealers to screw up battery or metal trim of a car is no clearance there once factory jack points are flat with undercarriage of a car . You can buy them on Amazon they look good but install them permanently like I did I did extra step on BMWI 3 in 2016 using hockey pads router them to a shape of factory points and once I sold I 3 I reinstall them on SE permanently .They stick out about 1 “ and if you use a jack to raise a car or dealer work on a SE you can t go wrong they are there . IMG_1130.jpeg

Attached Files:

endquote likes this.
  4. endquote

endquote Active Member

before/during/after

IMG_6975.jpeg IMG_7054.jpeg IMG_7056.jpeg

(that yellow spot on the tire is coincidental/unrelated)

insightman, CuriousGeorge and revorg like this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That first photo is my nightmare. I'm so paranoid that I mount my Power Spokes only for Drive Electric Week events. It's great to see there are expert craftspeople who can repair that damage so well. Is his business primarily repairing scuffed up MINI Power Spoke rims (just kidding) and that's why he had Energetic Yellow paint?

6. endquote

endquote Active Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rogwp

Rogwp Active Member Subscriber

Having had a close encounter of the nasty kind (fortunately only the tire got rubbed), has anyone found a set of rim protectors that fit these wheels?

9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I originally thought about RimBlades or AlloyGators for my winter wheels.

upload_2023-12-5_11-12-3.png

insightman and Rogwp like this.
  10. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

consider this alloygator.com
    IMG_1235.jpeg

Rogwp likes this.
  11. endquote

endquote Active Member

Rogwp likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rogwp

Rogwp Active Member Subscriber

14. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Oh cool!! Yeah, I'd love to see how the yellow compares.

15. endquote

endquote Active Member

The yellow doesn't match very well, but even if it did I'm not sure it would look very seamless. gray/black shown here too.

I don't think the wheelbands.com or rimbladesamerica.com products would work, since they just stick on and the wheel surface isn't flat.

Going to the dealer next week, maybe they'll have a suggestion. Most likely I'll just try to be more careful and use my new repair friends if needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    Rogwp likes this.