Suggestions for seat leather upholstery colours?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Deepak Rao, Oct 25, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

Hi Guys,

Ordered a Mini Cooper SE for my wife in BRG. It comes with yellow chequered upholstery. I'd like to get some leather work done. Any suggestions on what colour combination would look nice and classic with a BRG Mini?

Also this model has 6 airbags. Any idea if that would include a seat airbag?

Interior.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here are some seat airbags from a 2019 F56 for sale on ebay.

4. They are illustrated in the owner's guide, but to answer your question: yes. Typically front, side, curtain (2 of each).

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Hi Deepak, welcome to our corner of the MINIverse. There is a ton of SE-specific information here that you might not find at miniF56, but we are easily just as friendly.

If I were to opt for leatherwork on a BRG F56, I'd lean toward a medium brown, with vertical stitching similar to the Lounge Leather some of us were able to get. Good luck!

6. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

Thanks but didn't want air bags but wanted to know if there were seat airbags I would not be able to put extra leather upholstery

Thanks

Thanks so much :)

SameGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    Where in India are you? I can't wait to hear how your wife's electric MINI copes with the heat – and the notorious traffic!

9. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

Bangalore, and the Mini seems ideal for our traffic. Heat - why should it be an issue? Airconditioning is not so good?

SameGuy likes this.
  10. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Air conditioning eats your range.

SameGuy likes this.
  11. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

Ah, ok. Well I have an Ioniq 5 so this will be purely for her as a city car. Maximum she drives is 30kms a day.

We had a mid sized hatch which we sold and got the Ioniq. Our other car is a Volvo. She found the Ioniq far too big as compared to the car that we sold, and she had always found the Volvo too big. Hence the smallest car we could get in electric was the choice.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Not nearly as much as heating does, because the heat pump works in warmer temperatures.

14. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

One must dress for the occasion.

15. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

Air con works terrific in even extremely hot climate, has been my experience. There is a small range hit, but minimal. Depending on your range needs, the A/C energy use may not even be noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

SameGuy likes this.
  16. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I notice. But then, I drive year-round in Green+.

17. SameGuy

YUL
    The MINI SE's aircon is among the best I've experienced in a small(er) car, but it does eat range. If range is a non-issue for your wife – it isn't for me, as my primary use is also as a 30-km-a-day-commuter car – you'll be very pleased. But while we have very warm, humid summers here and I've been absolutely chilled in the MINI during 34° heat with 70% relative humidity, we get that for maybe a few weeks in July and August, not year-round like in Karnataka!

PS: as a Gayle, Virat, and de Villiers fan, I think you can guess which playing XI has been my favourite over the years! ;)

Deepak Rao likes this.