The Mini app supports Apple Watch complications!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Green Gatsby, Sep 23, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Green Gatsby

Green Gatsby Member

I just noticed that I’m able to select the Mini app as a complication in one of the small slots on my watch face! Makes checking charge and starting HVAC so much easier.
    upload_2023-9-23_8-43-45.png upload_2023-9-23_8-43-45.png upload_2023-9-23_8-43-45.png upload_2023-9-23_8-43-45.png

shareitall likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

It's nice (I had to install the MINI app on the watch first of course), but I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't show something useful in the complication itself, like maybe SoC. The other complications I use show updated info.

MINI complication.PNG

4. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

Any time I see a new feature like this I can't help but think of the countless other useful things they could have done. This is probably something they added for BMW, but handed down to MINI. You still have to consider how many owners have an iPhone, then an Apple Watch, then would actually use a Watch app at all, then would care so much to add a tiny little out of place icon front and center. It's got to be no more than like 12 people.

5. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

The iOS and Android mix varies by country.
    • USA - 57% iOS 43% Android
    • UK - 50% iOS 50% Android
    • Germany - 35% iOS 65% Android
    • China - 23% iOS 77% Android
    • India - 5% iOS 95% Android

6. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

The numbers are largely irrelevant when you consider 100% of us are MINI owners. Anything else is a distraction when we have a laundry list of valid and useful requests that go unanswered for years. I say this as a rabid iPhone/Watch user - I don't care if I can get a tiny version of the same buggy app and feature light experience - make the core ownership and app experience better for everyone. Apple Watch support is the last thing on my mind.

teslarati97 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

As an android user, I concur with everything you said.