Picked up Mazda MX30 GT this morning...impressions

Discussion in 'General' started by miatadan, Sep 20, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

This morning traded in the 2022 Mazda MX5 GT Miata for 2023 Mazda MX30 GT.

As I expected the MX30 is very quiet. Surprised it was more quiet the the Mach-E. Acceleration is slower than the Mach-E / Miata but still has instant torque . 0-60 kms still quick enough I leave most people behind. Better ride quality than the Mach-E. Regen using paddles brings vehicle to almost complete stop. Use auto-hold so I do not have to keep foot on brake when stopped. Bose 12 speaker audio system with factory subwoofer much better than base stereo in Mach-E select. Love the hud display. I was thankful the fake engine noise was not there, like in the earlier 2021 version.

One of the issues I had with the Mach-E Select, no heated seats, no heated steering wheel which the MX30 has. Smaller turning radius than the Mach-E. Much better to use heated seats, heated steering wheel than regular hvac heating. Prefer the smaller size.

System software shows status of battery heater. Interesting to see analog style temperature gauge for battery / analog style fuel gauge looks same as in ICE vehicle / initials show EV. I like the suicide style doors as it makes it look more like a 2 door.

I did order the Juice Booster 2 - level 2 charger as it reduces charging time as 13 hours on 110v way too long.

In general I paid same price as the Nissan Leaf SV 40KW, after discounts purchase came to $2000 more than the ICE 2023 Mazda CX30 GT compact suv.

Dan

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new EV. I'm interested in what you think of the Juice Booster 2 once you use it, I've been considering it myself as a portable L1/L2 charger.

miatadan and electriceddy like this.
  4. I too would love to hear a personal review about that JB2 unit from a forum member.
    We have a thread on that particular EVSE (which I should relocate to the General section as it applies to all EVs).
    We also have an MX-30 section in the forum, better to post there in future to keep organized. I can try to relocate this thread there if you wish, let me know Dan.
    Sounds like you are pretty happy so far, great to hear:)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    miatadan likes this.
  5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

BTW, your cheeks will soon hurt from smiling. Well done!

Bob Wilson

miatadan likes this.
  6. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

In the future will post there re: MX30.

I will update here on the JB2 unit ( in shipping at this time ) in that thread.

Dan

electriceddy and bwilson4web like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.