Bimmer Code Mini SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moff1959, Oct 8, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

Nope, @omomomo is spot on with his description, it’s only relevant to ICE cars.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

“I don’t think so. Using the Demo mode in BimmerCode indicated the ASD can be deactivated completely. Here’s a screenshot.

upload_2022-7-31_9-59-24.jpeg

I contacted Stephan at BimmerCode and here’s his reply.

“it seems like there is no response from ASD for some reason. Maybe the car uses RAM control unit instead, like newer G Series cars do. I can send you version of the app that also tries to communicate with the RAM for your car within the next few days via TestFlight if you like.”

He also said I can try using the I3 selection which others have had success with. I’ll try it next time I get a chance.

insightman likes this.
  4. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

Firstly, the demo mode isn't for a Mini.

Secondly, your assumption that Active Sound Design refers to the startup sound is incorrect. Take this as an example: https://integralaudio.com/active-sound-design-defeat-harness-for-bmw-and-mini.html. As that page states "Use this harness to disable Active Sound Design (the synthetic engine noise played via the audio system)". But Googling "active sound design" along with "mini" or "bmw" should get you enough hits to explain to you what it actually is.

Thirdly, there is no Active Sound Design ECU listed when I connect BimmerCode to my SE, in either Mini (first photo) or I3 (second photo) modes - and the reason for that is very simple, that ECU doesn't exist on the SE, because again, it's only relevant to ICE cars.

upload_2022-7-31_15-54-6.png
    upload_2022-7-31_15-55-4.png

5. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I disabled the Soundakator on my Golf R so I'm well aware of the feature. As Stephan says, it's probably part of the RAM control so I'll see what they come up with. Thanks for the i3 screen shot.

6. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

In that case you should know what ASD is, what it's used for and what it doesn't do. i.e. it plays synthetic engine noise through the audio system, or vibrates the firewall in the case of the Soundakator - I also turned it off using VCDS on my 8SV S3's. Obviously there is no engine in an SE/i3, so there's no need for ASD.

I just watched a YT video of a guy coding out ASD on a 2022 Cooper S using BimmerCode, so I can't imagine anything has changed on our 2023 models - in terms of RAM control, or how you access the ASD ECU, etc.

Is it possible to remove/alter the startup sound? - maybe there is a setting that is as yet undiscovered/undocumented in the Headunit ECU (this would be the ECU that is logically responsible for the startup sound, since it also handles the warning chimes), or available through ESYS. But that's not ASD. ASD is not responsible for the startup sound.

If your goal is to remove/alter the startup sound - and this is something I could definitely get behind! :) - ASD is not the rabbit hole you need to go down to do it...

But hey, if you like that rabbit hole, have at it, no worries, just trying to save you some time and frustration in the long run :)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. lfs003

lfs003 New Member

I have a question regarding the Checkbox acoustic pedestrian protection (CAPP) option. For my 23 SE, by enabling the check box, I was able to manually turn off the CAPP in the setting. However, it is turned back on every time I restart the car. Do I have to disable the CAPP option to disable APP permanently? Thanks

9. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

Here you go, although I would have expected it to be fixed by now. This worked for me.

On Aug 21, 2022, at 11:13 PM, SG Software GmbH & Co. KG <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,
    please try the i3 car selection and then there should be an option in the “Vehicle Sound Generator“ control unit that makes the car remember the last used setting.
    --
    Kind regards / Schöne Grüße
    Stephan Gauch
    --
    SG Software GmbH & Co. KG
    Linsenäcker 18/1, 72379 Hechingen

Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 735678, Sitz: Hechingen
    Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: SG Software Verwaltungs-GmbH
    Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 769559, Sitz: Hechingen
    Geschäftsführer: Stephan Gauch

Yahoo schrieb am 19.08.22 um 19:12:

Car: MINI SE

Year of construction: 2023

Problem description:

I was able to activate the Checkbox acoustic pedestrian protection in my 2023 MIINI SE. When I uncheck it to inactivate the sound, it resets to checked (selected) every time I power off the car.
    Is there a way to make the setting persistent (always remain on)?

Paul Clarke and lfs003 like this.
  10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I assigned the checkbox to hot button 6, so I only turn it off when I really need to turn it off — such as when pulling up to a border crossing booth. This way there’s no need to drill through the iDrive menus every time.

11. Would you be willing to walk me through this? I got pretty good at bimmercode when I first got my car a year ago, but haven't done much since and I'd really love this option!

Soup to nuts, if you're up to it. I'd very much appreciate it!

SameGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. lfs003

lfs003 New Member

Thank you very much! I was able to test out the setting today. It works !!

14. SameGuy

YUL
    IMG_1281.jpeg

Then navigate to the Acoustic Pedestrian Protection checkbox screen in iDrive, select the checkbox, then push and hold a hot button to memorize it. That’s it. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    fishbert likes this.
  15. Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
  16. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I did this and say the button assigned after holding it but then I coded it and it was not there - 6 was blank. ???

17. inferno10

inferno10 Member

Coding the headunit will sometimes wipe the button assignments. I've had to reprogram my button presets on more than one occasion because of this.

18. Rasmus Aage

Rasmus Aage New Member

Is it possible to remove fault codes? I keep getting the "charge port open" message and I really don't want to pay for a repair.

19. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

So if this is the only change made, I wonder I even have to code it after getting the key confirmation on the Mini head unit. Maybe I’m wiping it out by coding on my way out?

20. SameGuy

YUL
    Yes. Code first, program button last.

21. MRYFLYGUY

MRYFLYGUY Active Member

I had another session yesterday. After connecting, I noticed the "Acoustic Pedestrian Protection Checkbox" was still active so all I did was held the #6 button and it stored. I did not "code" anything just disconnected so Ive got his as a backup if the I3 coding gets overwritten by the dealer. Thanks again.

SameGuy likes this.