Beeping Sound

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by LeCapri, Sep 18, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LeCapri

LeCapri New Member

I was driving my Clarify Plug-in yesterday and for no reason there's a beeping sound that can't seems to stop. I parked and turned off the car thinking that the beep would stop but it did not. Got home and this morning when I entered the car while it's still turned off, the beeping sound is still there. Tried looking pulling the seatbelt in and out and also adjusting the seat but the sound keeps on beeping. It's really annoying. Has someone experienced this issue/problem before? Would appreciate any help if you have any advise. I googled the issue and tried every suggestion I could find no luck. Attaching the audio sound I recorded earlier (not sure you can see it). Thanks in advance for any insight or help you could offer.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. LeCapri

LeCapri New Member

Mystery resolved. The sound was coming from my EZ Pass transponder.

turtleturtle likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

And you didn't even have to disconnect your Clarity's 12-V battery to discover the source! Even though it wasn't your Clarity making the racket, it's good that you posted because many people have those EZ Pass transponders.

5. LeCapri

LeCapri New Member

Yes, I did not. Posted it here so others can eliminate any possible source/s of beeps and, most importantly, to get a replacement for those old transponders. All good for now.

MrFixit and insightman like this.
  6. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Thanks for the info. Didn't know EZ-Pass can beep.......

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

Mysteries. Once I left home to drive, everything as usual until I needed to lock the car with the remote. Usually it is on my jeans strip that holds the belt, front right. Not there. I started to think- I was driving, it means it is somewhere here. Under the seats - no, console - no, glove box - no.
    Thinked again with my brain now, got an idea - walked out of the car, it beeps “no remote inside”. Aga, it means remote left the car with me. Checked all pockets- nothing.
    Used my brains again and started to strip on the side of the road. Coat inside the car, stepped away - beeping. Not coat. Jacket - no. Shirt- no. Pants - as soon as I dropped down pants I discovered that my wife put it back on my pants, but on the left rear strip. Damn.