Gatsby got new shoes!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Green Gatsby, Sep 5, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Green Gatsby

Green Gatsby Member

upload_2023-9-5_23-19-26.jpeg

18x8 +45mm Neuspeed RSe11Rs with 225/40-R18 Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2s.

Weighed both sets of wheels, net change was an average 1.725lbs increase at each corner versus the stock Corona Spokes with 9k miles of wear.

h-dogg, MichaelC, endquote and 2 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm impressed (and happy) that you've retained the SE center caps. Did they fit the Neuspeed hubs easily?

4. Green Gatsby

Green Gatsby Member

Yes, they snap right in! All of Neuspeed’s wheels are made to fit the vehicle they’re designed for, right down to the OEM center caps.

insightman likes this.
  5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    The 'Kooks look almost stretched. Nice effect. I wonder what the efficiency hit is with the (slight) added weight, rolling resistance, and increased frontal area.

6. Green Gatsby

Green Gatsby Member

I’m confident it won’t be a massive hit. The overall diameter is a bit larger so the rpms at any given cruising speed will be about 3% lower, that’s the one thing working to my advantage. I picked these tires in particular because they were offered on SEs from the factory, figured that was the safest way I could find a parity with the stock rubber as pertains to noise and rolling resistance since these were offered on cars that had the same stated range. Scientific? Not in the least… but I don’t have the time or bandwidth to conduct the kind of research necessary to do better. I’m perfectly satisfied with hedging my bet on “OE or similar equipment”.

I’ll be sure to report back after I’ve got a few commutes under my belt. Standard drive to or from work has reliably used 10% of the battery over the past couple months so I think I have a decent baseline in addition to my onboard mi/kWh readings.

insightman and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Either way, the wheels look great!

9. jakesmini

jakesmini Member

wheels look great!