Side Radar Obstructed

Discussion in 'LEAF' started by Phil Murray, Jun 21, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Phil Murray

Phil Murray New Member

I have a Nissan Leaf 2.Zero

A few weeks ago after driving down some narrow lanes I got a warning message "Side Radar Obstructed" and then the warning indicator for the blind spot started slowly flashing yellow. Switching car off and on etc did not remove the symbol flashing. Drove on and after about 10 mins it stopped.

Today it reappeared, again after driving down a narrow lane. The only way to stop it flashing is to disable the blind spot detection. I have taken photos of the display and will contact the garage tomorrow to see if they know what is going on.

Anyone on this forum have similar experience and suggestions of fixing it?

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kenneth Bokor

Kenneth Bokor Active Member

Have not heard of this one before. The blind spot sensors are under the bumpers, while the Parking Assist are the visible sensors you can see. In North America, PA is not sold.

It's stating blind spot so if it happens after a couple of starts/stops, then I would take it to the dealer.

4. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I don't know if this will help you at all, but there is some discussion of that problem here:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/blind-spot-not-working-t611152.html

However, in that discussion it seems the problem was caused by physical damage to the bumper in a minor accident. There was one bit in the discussion that you might try: "Something odd that happened yesterday, I gave both ends of the bumper a tap with my hand and the sensors worked!"

To make a Captain Obvious statement: If your car is still under warranty, then best have the service dept. check it out. Even if the sensor does start working again after you tap on the bumper, it could just as easily stop working again unless it's actually fixed.