Stepping away from InsideEVs

Discussion in 'General' started by Domenick, Jul 28, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Yep I saw that as well.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Well,
    I was going to be a bit tight-lipped about my future plans here, but I guess the cat's out of the bag.
    Myself and my co-hosts are starting a new show called Batteries Included Podcast and hope to grow it into a bigger success than the previous one. We should have a show up this Friday, but probably not live (need 1,000 YouTube subscribers first), but we're not officially kicking off the channel until September. Hopefully then, we'll also have at least one other show in the week featuring an interview an auto industry person.

InsideEVs should (hopefully) restart its Podcast soon with a new crew, but I've no insight on what that'll look like. I expect they'll change it to a different time, since they likely won't have to accommodate a host on European time.

andyG59, aamyotte, insightman and 2 others like this.
  4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Are user fees expected?

For what it worth, I support Tesla Owners forum with an annual fee and several other YouTube channels and authors who provide quality content.

I looks at support fees like a magazine subscription. But like Consumer Reports, if the content goes down a different route, I change my subscription to other, more relevant content.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    Domenick likes this.
  5. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

Glad to see this. I subscribed and tapped that bell. lol. Can't wait to see your show. I was having withdrawal symptoms on Friday without my weekly Inside EV's podcast.

Domenick and Mark W like this.
  6. Good Luck on your new ventures! Can't wait to see what this new PodCast has instore.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. subscribed!

Domenick likes this.
  9. We're going the sponsor route for the Friday show, so no fees.

electriceddy likes this.
  10. Rob Lay

Rob Lay Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Dom, we'll miss you. Member please recommend a couple mods you think would be diligent and fair. Thanks!

Domenick likes this.
  11. Rob Lay

Rob Lay Administrator Staff Member

Please welcome electriceddy as a new moderator.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Welcome to being a new moderator electriceddy. I am sure you will be a great addition as a moderator.

electriceddy and R P like this.
  14. Hey, congrats ED. Don't want to see this forum site die. I learned a lot while here, and want to see it continue, and thrive.

And you, too, @Fastnf, hope you stick around. I learned a lot from you, esp that RV Adapter thread.

electriceddy likes this.
  15. Seems like an easy enough task and am delighted to participate. Thanks for the kind words;)

The feeling is mutual. I would prefer to see this forum continue to evolve as it does provide a great resource for EV owners and also for those who are inquiring.
    Additionally, it is thanks to our members that are well versed and knowledgeable contributors, as well as provide an enjoyable solid discussion group ;)

The method in which InsideEVs have set up this forum and most notably @Domenick has magnificently administered over the years is going to be a difficult show to follow. Thank you, Rob, for providing the opportunity.

Rob Lay, Domenick and R P like this.
  16. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

So I usually listen to the podcasts (from google) when I'm out hiking, and I was behind, so imagine my surprise when I was out hiking yesterday and listened to #179, then later in the day listened to number 180. At first, I actually thought maybe I had selected the wrong podcast.

Businesses and contracts can be sensitive, so we probably got all the info we ever will. And I wish the best to both sides. To be honest, I had always assumed the four hosts owned InsideEVS. Obviously not.

I won't speculate on what happened, but I do have one thing I have to say. The hosts should have had their final episode to say goodbye. Or have been allowed to film a segment for #180 where they said goodbye. And I don't know who screwed the pooch on that, maybe one side walked away, maybe one side gave them the boot, or both. But not saying goodbye (or being allowed to say goodbye) after all those episodes, those years, come across as crass and petty. Shame on someone.

Ok, that said, I'll definitely be listening to the new podcast "Batteries Included" - already added it to my auto downloads for hiking, and probably continue to give the new hosts on InsideEVs a try. I have plenty of time when out hiking to listen to both. Lacey (?), if she stays, will be great.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    electriceddy likes this.
  17. Hi there. Thanks for listening to the podcast. Hopefully you'll like our new one as much as the old one. We are doing a little post-production on the the audio, so it should at least sound better if nothing else.

Also, thanks for giving Laycee a shot. I recommended her, so I was happy to see she was chosen as a co-host. I really think she should run the thing, so it'll be interesting to see if that happens.

It did suck to leave without saying goodbye. We were prepared to do it and I was actually doing the prep work when I got word it'd been cancelled. I was told word had come from above. It was the first Friday in three years I wasn't podcasting on Friday morning.

But, that's history. Now, we're just going to try to put out the best show we can and hopefully make enough money so that I don't end up living out of my car. :)

18. I am sure that won't happen and wish you continued success with the new podcasts.

Probably the more professional presentation of the group, good on your part recommending her.

Domenick and Fastnf like this.