InsideEVs Podcast episodes

Discussion in 'General' started by Domenick, Apr 25, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. They were working on developing an app, though I'm not sure where they are with that at the moment. The alternative reporting site is https://forms.gle/c834zmP9zf16ZqRC6. I suspect they'll have something up on Threads soon, but nothing there yet.

danrjones likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

This inspired a nightmare:
    • 3d party EV plugs into SuperCharger and gets a charge.
    • Part of disconnect, it shorts or reverses the Supercharger battery pins
    I know, I know, nightmares are not real but none the less, they can briefly terrorize.

Bob Wilson

Domenick likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

Cox Automotive reports '92,000 inventory EVs ... a 92 day supply.' But Tesla will report Q2 financials Wednesday July 19. You' all might see if you can find dealer lots with a lot of EVs or even ask dealers or dealer networks if they have a glut of unsold EVs.

I suspect I already know some of the answers but probably there are different answers for EU and USA metrics. Your opinions would be interesting ... and you have a week for casual observation.

To be blunt, are EV car reviewers looking at 'sales are dead' press cars?

Bob Wilson

5. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I started to listen to today's podcast, and gave up halfway through. All of this talk about "Launching", "Shredding" and whatnot is a total turn-off, and not representative of what people do with their cars in the real world.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. bwilson4web

I'm subscribed to the YouTube channel and appreciated today's YouTube podcast.

Bob Wilson

Domenick likes this.
  8. Robb Stark

Robb Stark New Member

When does the podcast return?

9. Robb Stark

Robb Stark New Member

Kyle is the best part of the show.

I launch and shred in my Model S at least monthly.

No point in having a high performance EV if you don't.

I have been watching for ~3 years.

This podcast isn't for former Prius nerds.

10. To remove this ad click here.

11. Hi Robb.
    We've taken this podcast independent, so I've started a new thread for episodes of the new Batteries Included Podcast.

12. Domenick likes this.
  13. I just finished watching #173. Can't say whether I like the new crew or not. Again, way too long and too much useless chatter. I watch it at 1.5 speed, so at least get through it quicker. I did like the Escalade IQ discussion. I can see a lot of people with money wanting that one. Certainly beats all the German luxury EVs, IMHO. But that Lucid Saphire will have an even smaller buyer group. Some of these high end cars are great to fantasize about, but for the vast majority of us, not going to happen.

Not sure if I will watch more of these, depends on the topics. But would like to see more practical EV discussions, about cars that most of us may actually want to buy. There are many car segments, so why talk just about the high end ones. And get some more actual manufacturer execs on as guests, and ask them tough questions.

14. I'm so glad they got Laycee onboard. She's got the media skills to do a great job and an impressive knowledge of the automotive world.

electriceddy and andyG59 like this.
  15. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

5 minutes in, and all I can think of is how the escalade plays right into Cadogan's point about how
    lithium resources are not going to be able to meet the "electric future" development process, especially
    if we're allowing it to be essentially wasted on poser products like this. Gah.

Do any of the podcast participants ever read these threads? There could be a high-value feedback
    path here, but they have to descend from their ivory towers first.

_H*

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  16. You mean "Auto Expert" John Cadogan? I don't think I'd listen to his opinion on anything EV-related, personally. To me, he comes off as more interested in being contrarian troll than accuracy.
    In any case, the lithium situation isn't as bas as some make out. Demand will be several percentage points higher than supply for a few years and then goes away. Prices have likely already peaked, according to this report from S&P Global.

I understand the frustration with big SUVs with big batteries like this, but we still live in a time when automakers continue to introduce gas guzzling monsters into their lineups and no one bats an eye. It's like there zero cares about a climate crises that just last week claimed dozens of lives in Hawaii.

So, if a big battery gets people to switch from their gas-guzzling SUVs to electric ones, it's a step forward. As we move forward into the future, those batteries will require fewer and fewer resources per kWh and soon recycled feedstocks will also come into play. It certainly can look like a step backwards to some now, but I think Cadillac Escalade IQ is a step forward. Maybe not a confident, mile-crushing stride, but it is the right direction, at least.

DJP, Puppethead, Fastnf and 1 other person like this.
  17. That, is exactly the most important fundamental objective.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    Suns_PSD and Fastnf like this.
  18. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

The whole problem with e-bikes and similar is the "chinesium factor", where repair information is
    not only unavailable for sketchy offshore products, the manufacturers/marketers thereof don't
    *care* if the product breaks or burns down your apartment, they've economically isolated themselves
    to where holding anyone accountable is almost impossible. And people just buy into this racket
    because it's cheap, and that's all they look at or care about ... until something goes south, and then
    they're stuck with no recourse.

_H*

Suns_PSD, electriceddy and insightman like this.
  19. Episode #176.
    Welcome guest hosts Kevin Williams and Jeff Perez

Model 3 Highland improvements include lower drag co-efficient, stalkless steering column, shifting in the touchscreen, window soundproofing improvements, perforated ventilated seats, rear touchscreen, ambient lighting, 17 speaker sound system, and lower price are some.
    Jeff and Kevin mention if some of the upgrades are a little more than one wants, now would be a good time to purchase the earlier version with all the incentives available and recent price cuts.

andyG59 likes this.