Stepping away from InsideEVs

Discussion in 'General' started by Domenick, Jul 28, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi all.
    It's been my pleasure to have been the moderator for the Forum these past six years. There's a good number of great people here in this community and I truly hope that it continues to grow.

There are forums (and Facebook and Reddit pages!) out there for practically every make and model of electric vehicle, but this is the only one-stop site for all of them. This approach hasn't been wildly successful in some respects, but I love that members here can change vehicles and post about them while keeping the community bonds that may have developed in discussing their previous vehicle.

In any case, I have decided to step away from InsideEVs and pursue several other ventures. Today is my last day. I will still be around as a Forum member and may do some volunteer moderation.

Our final InsideEVs Podcast was cancelled, but if you enjoyed it, please follow me or my co-hosts on your favorite social platform to see what's next.

Thank you all for your presence here and your support over the years. It's been very much appreciated.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Charles Miller

Charles Miller New Member

Thank you Dom for your outstanding contribution and good luck in your future.

Freudian and Domenick like this.
  4. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

+1, thanks for keeping this going at such high quality all this time. Both arms of InsideEVs have been central
    to my own EV journey, and it rapidly became clear that it was here I could not only absorb a lot of good
    technical stuff from the "old masters", I could contribute my own findings as well and have them be
    understood and (mostly) appreciated. I've cruised around some other forums lately -- Reddit, Discord,
    etc ... but those seem largely populated by a lot of cynical kids who would rather dish on Toyota and
    GM and the EV markets than deep-dive into the science.

Good luck on the next phase! Who does this leave at the helm?

_H*

Freudian and Domenick like this.
  5. I think @Rob Lay will be handling the new member screening and spam deletion. He may also appreciate anyone volunteering to do some light moderation.

DaleL and electriceddy like this.
  6. You will be missed. Your moderation of the forum has been effective and I have enjoyed all of your podcast. Best of fortunes in all of your new endeavors wherever they my lead you.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Bruce Jankowitz

Bruce Jankowitz New Member

bes
    Best wishes to you and your family. I've been a regular viewer of the podcast and respect how you have kept it on track. Hope to see you again soon.

Domenick likes this.
  9. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thank you! Job well done.

Bob Wilson

DaleL, Fastnf and Domenick like this.
  10. Will miss your input and thanks for that, it's been a real pleasure over the years.
    Good luck with your new ventures.

Domenick likes this.
  11. Soul EV driver

Soul EV driver New Member

Good luck to you Dom and all of your cohosts! Very dumb move by Inside EVs if it was their decision. If the guys wanted to step away that’s 1 thing but doesn’t seem that way based on the wording.

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

What?!? This is my favorite (er, only) social platform, thanks to your expert moderation! Thank you, Domenick, for all your hard work and good luck with what's next!

Fastnf and Domenick like this.
  14. Thank you all for your kind words.
    To be clear, this was my decision, and for those who enjoyed the podcast, stay tuned. :)

Soul EV driver and Fastnf like this.
  15. Soul EV driver

Soul EV driver New Member

Sorry I misread your post Domenick. Glad this was your choice and apologies to Inside EVs bosses for casting aspersions on them. Excited to see what you do next.

Domenick likes this.
  16. Best of luck Dom, in your next ventures!

Domenick likes this.
  17. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Thank you Dom for all your contributions to the podcast and YouTube channel moderation. Best wishes in your new ventures!

Domenick likes this.
  18. DJP

DJP Active Member

Thank you for the tone and culture of the forum and your openness in accepting so many perspectives of EV's. I look forward to the day when Nissan returns to its glory days of not being in the "Other Manufacturers" section ;)

Domenick likes this.
  19. Chaz Fisher

Chaz Fisher Member

Best of luck to you in your next ventures, Dom. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next, both for you and for the InsideEVs podcast.

Domenick likes this.
  20. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

At least you got a really nice car for a great price!

Please suggest that the 'new powers that be' post a friendly introduction'. I am posting my latest benchmark results but wondering if I'm posting 'to the wind' or 'crickets.'

Bob Wilson

Domenick likes this.
  21. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

We'll miss you, Dom! Good luck on whatever comes next!

Domenick likes this.
  22. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Wow, just seeing this Dom. Thanks very much for all that you have done here. I have really enjoyed this site and the podcast. I'm glad I read this because I have a 12 hour drive tomorrow and had been planning on the InsideEVs podcast to help with the ride. It will be interesting to see who grabs that audience.

Domenick likes this.
  23. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I searched the internet and some experts are starting what looks like an interesting new podcast on YouTube.

Domenick and Fastnf like this.