Erange ev tires

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Patrick drumm, Jul 25, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Patrick drumm

Patrick drumm Member

Will 195/55r16 and 205/55r16 fit the se’s 16in wheels. I am curious about Erange ev tires and they seem to have the 205/55r16

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teddybare

teddybare Member

hi
    195/55r16 is what my se came with i had some continental contact 6 tyres 205/55r16 from my previous 1 series ..rear fitted no probs but front touched the shocks so its a case of spaces for the front,i havent decided if i want to do that or not

4. Patrick drumm

Patrick drumm Member

I would consider spacers if I could get away with maybe 10 mm. Any idea how big a spacer you would need to clear the shocks

5. teddybare

teddybare Member

5mm may do it 15mm would definitely I'm sure..a forum member has done 15mm spaces on all 4 and reported all is well

6. SJA

SJA Member

I am running 15mm/20mm spacers on the front and rear and am lowered.

teddybare likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teddybare

teddybare Member

well we all now have nothing to fear ;)

9. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Tires are first and foremost safety equipment, and I'm real suspicious of any new brand that builds their identity around rolling resistance instead.

A meter of emergency stopping distance in hand is much more valuable than a mile of additional range day-to-day in my book.

GetOffYourGas and SameGuy like this.
  10. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Add tires that allegedly give more range, but add spacers to push the wheels/tires further into the airflow possibly decreasing range.

Adds up!

11. SJA

SJA Member

With the spacers and lowering I am finding I am getting slightly better range. Where I got 5.3mi/kWh to 5.9mi/kWh

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Wow, that's great range. How slowly do you drive?

As for spacers. My autocross tyres are 215/45-26 on 6.5 rims. Rims the equivalent of 5mm spacers compared to stock. Minimal space between tyres and shocks, but they have never rubbed.
    I'd be tempted to go with 205/50-16 for daily dodging duty if I found suitable tyres. There just aren't sticky low rolling resistance tires available in our sizes in the US. Europe has a limited selection.

14. SJA

SJA Member

I have a 20 mile commute to work. Mostly sitting in LA traffic but I drive pretty aggressively and am always in sport. My drive home I get worse.

15. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Yeah, the SE loves traffic jams. 5mph and the range goes to the moon.